Rear passenger power window not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorb

Reaction score
Morning folks,

2010 D22 S-TR Dual cab with power windows.
The right hand rear window doesn't operate with either the driver's door switch unit or the individual switch on the actual door. With the door panel off, there is no motion or attempt of motor to function, it just seems dead. I haven't yet pulled off the plastic wrap to gain access deep into door to see if power exists at motor, as I thought I would seek advice first on troubleshooting.

The "Trouble Diagnosis" page of the workshop manual is useless. Suggests "Check power window sub switch or main switch" Great advice. I cannot even work out if each window has its own fuse, but it would appear not.

All other windows and switches work fine, so I have to presume from battery to at least the power window relay is fine. Trying to read the workshop manual without print out is proving difficult, but it would appear there is a separate power line direct from relay to rear windows. If left rear window works, presume power is OK.

If I'm following diagram correctly, it would appear from the drivers main window switches, a circuit then runs to the left front window, then onto rear windows (not directly to rear).

Not being an auto electrician, I am now beyond my limits of wiring diagram understandings.

Hoping someone may be able to provide a best where to start diagnosis from? In the language for dummies.

Thanks

Whilst holding the button to lower the window, with ignition on, try a decent thud, say with a hammer fist, towards the door panel. This did it for mine, which was resolved by cleaning the carbon deposits from the brushes, freeing them up. I mucked around with switches, relays for ages before this. Since cleaning the motor/brushes, it has worked a treat for the last few years.

Whilst holding the button to lower the window, with ignition on, try a decent thud, say with a hammer fist, towards the door panel. This did it for mine, which was resolved by cleaning the carbon deposits from the brushes, freeing them up. I mucked around with switches, relays for ages before this. Since cleaning the motor/brushes, it has worked a treat for the last few years.
Unfortunately, no response for me with this, gave it a good few thumps. Might whip the door panel off again in the near future and try some light thunks with mallet, see if that helps it along... Otherwise, the dog will just have to live with only the left window open...

I have replaced 4 master switch panels (drivers door) in the past few years, usually it is the door switch in the master panel that fails. From memory these cannot be disassembled.
It may be that the contacts are just dirty and this has worked on a few for me.
You could try cleaning the switch block with a good dose of contact cleaner.
Remove the switch cluster from the door panel and using the pressure pack can spray the cleaner into the switches while working the each rocker switch.
Then give it a decent dose of CRC 2-26 to lubricate the switches and contacts.

Try using a jumper lead between the contact points if it works. That means it’s the switch that’s not working
from what I can see, it's not that easy to try and power it directly, but I see what you mean. I've kind of lost interest in it now, but I'll no doubt pull the panel off again, when I get bored. Thanks

I have replaced 4 master switch panels (drivers door) in the past few years, usually it is the door switch in the master panel that fails. From memory these cannot be disassembled.
It may be that the contacts are just dirty and this has worked on a few for me.
You could try cleaning the switch block with a good dose of contact cleaner.
Remove the switch cluster from the door panel and using the pressure pack can spray the cleaner into the switches while working the each rocker switch.
Then give it a decent dose of CRC 2-26 to lubricate the switches and contacts.
My Patrol had a similiar issue, but I can't recall how I fixed it. I think I got a second hand switch module from a wrecker.. I've got some contact cleaner so I'll give this a shot and see what happens.. Cheers

Latest posts

Back