Rear of engine right side half way down some kind of plug ,switch solenoid maybe has wire plug on it anyone know what it is

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently put in new starter ,was starting after I unplugged ,cleaned and repluged this electrical connector but I don't know what it is ,it's located at the rear of the engine on the right hand side bit over half way down ,the top of the starter bolt went through a metal holder that the wire is connected to I think the wire came loose ,anyone have a clue what sensor or solenoid or whatever the thing is that this wire attached to because it seems this is the reason my car won't start.

Recently put in new starter ,was starting after I unplugged ,cleaned and repluged this electrical connector but I don't know what it is ,it's located at the rear of the engine on the right hand side bit over half way down ,the top of the starter bolt went through a metal holder that the wire is connected to I think the wire came loose ,anyone have a clue what sensor or solenoid or whatever the thing is that this wire attached to because it seems this is the reason my car won't start.
That is a zd30 2006

the other thing is egr valve (round top square body with couple small coolant hoses going into it). if thats not connected it should flag an error and engine light will be on. in which case pull up engine code to confirm.
not sure if that would stop it starting.

the other thing is egr valve (round top square body with couple small coolant hoses going into it). if thats not connected it should flag an error and engine light will be on. in which case pull up engine code to confirm.
not sure if that would stop it starting.
No not EGR valve ,no coolant hoses connected .
i think its oil pressure sensor, but would need to check the book to confirm.
Maybe but would that stop it from starting?

No not EGR valve ,no coolant hoses connected .

Maybe but would that stop it from starting?
It has a sort of weird looking socketyish fitting bolt like might fit a 27ml deep on if I'm lucky ,I might try ringing Nissan spare parts ,send them a photo and see if they know what it is.

It has a sort of weird looking socketyish fitting bolt like might fit a 27ml deep on if I'm lucky ,I might try ringing Nissan spare parts ,send them a photo and see if they know what it is.
I remember something similar on an old trooppy I used to have ,Auto electrician said it was a ?????long time ago.

Sounds like the oil sender (which requires a 27mm deep socket to remove/install). From memory it has only one wire and a plug going to it, won't stop the engine from starting. All that will happen with this disconnected is that if you lose oil pressure the warning light won't illuminate.

Could be coincidental if this is what it is, and there will be other reasons your car won't start. Does it actually kick over alright?

odds are the starting issue is something was disconnected and not connected back properly.
if you disconnected fuel lines you will have air in the pump and that can be hard to bleed out.

odds are the starting issue is something was disconnected and not connected back properly.
if you disconnected fuel lines you will have air in the pump and that can be hard to bleed out.
No not firing ,I'll check the power and earth connection s ,maybe that's it ,I'm getting a click sound coming from the starter when I turn the key.

Latest posts

Back