Rear diff breather

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jap55s said:
arent the diff breathers come already in the d22?
mine does?

All the front running gear in a d22 has breather tubes up into the engine bay. There are a few limited models that have the rear diff breather extended up to just under the tray from the factory. Mine wasn't. Very simple to do, and worth it for peace of mind.

My 2005 d22 zd30ddt has 3 vents in the bonnet I'm assuming gearbox transfer and front diff, and there is another attached to rear diff I couldn't quiet follow.

1. A breather not sure where from next to air box
2. Another on back wall there above brake cylinder
3. And another down there amongst all those wires.
4. My rear diff does have a breather. Couldn't quiet follow it just yet. In work clothes and ground is wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-3628611067.jpg
    image-3628611067.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 242
  • image-1638281983.jpg
    image-1638281983.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 245
  • image-3132977596.jpg
    image-3132977596.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 228
  • image-1559142988.jpg
    image-1559142988.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Airbox one if the same as mine will be front diff. The one near the wires if the same will be transfer + gearbox. Not sure on the 3rd??

Hmm maybe it's the rear diff. I'll follow the line i found from rear diff tomorrow. Anyone else have a line running from rear like mine?

Jap. Thy may be fitted with aftermarket breather. Standard breathers on d22 usually only run up to chassis rail. That gearbox/transfer and front diff go into the engine bay. The rear goes to the chassis rail and in some models it only has a one-way valve just on top of the diff

Ahh
Gotcha rusty, looks like it runs to chassie, but couldn't tell properly. Dave. If I went to repco. "should" they know what a diff breather valve is? Or Nissan?
Cheers

jap55s said:
Ahh
Gotcha rusty, looks like it runs to chassie, but couldn't tell properly. Dave. If I went to repco. "should" they know what a diff breather valve is? Or Nissan?
Cheers

Not likely. I tried that. I ended up going to a hydraulic place and getting a 1/8th BSP barb and some hose. tapped the hole out to that and BAM! New rear diff breather.

And the barb just screwed into the diff that easy after removing factory plug?

Not likely. I tried that. I ended up going to a hydraulic place and getting a 1/8th BSP barb and some hose. tapped the hole out to that and BAM! New rear diff breather.

I just bought some bits to do this, and i got 1/8 fittings. I was thinking these would be the correct size as all i can find is people referring to 1/8", guess i was wrong if you had to tap yours out.

Does anyone know the actual size thread for the fitting need?

If not ill pull mine out and measure the thread and post it up here.

Cheers Pete

Latest posts

Back