Rear camera not showing video on Android head unit.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bondibiz

Reaction score
Hi There,

I have the Nissan Navara D40 2010

I installed an Android head unit which came with the rear camera. It all works but
when you put it in reverse the screen blanks out but no video.
I have replaced the unit and have had a couple of installers have a look at it so I
believe the installation is correct.

Any ideas why this is not working? Could it be not enough voltage to drive the camera?

Thanks in advance.

In my system there's a specific reverse camera option which is triggered by the reversing light. Your head unit should have a wire connected to it that goes active when the car is in reverse (and the reversing lights come on, so ignition must be on). I'm fairly sure that I had to activate the specific "camera on in reverse" mode.

How do you feed power to your camera? Mine is fed from the reversing light, I believe (I didn't wire it in myself). Earth is taken locally as well. There are two wires that head from the camera back up to the dash.

Red wire to reverse light

Attachments

• 16698762489256289186975502344134.jpg
    16698762489256289186975502344134.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I had a similar issue, actually almost identical issue.

It was the cable provided with the camera. It was dodgy. They sent me a new RCA cable with the trigger wire and fixed it straight away.

If you're getting the screen change to the reverse input when you have the car in reverse, you're half way wired up right.

What I do is,

+ for camera & Reverse trigger both connected to the + on the reverse globe

- connected to ground on the chassis.

(So in your diagram, the RCA cable has little red wires, this is the trigger wire, camera side needs to connect to the reverse + with the DC + wire for the camera itself)

Sounds like the camera signal isn’t working. Could be a break in the signal wires or no power to the camera.

When I set one camera up I used power from in the cab (gearbox loom) to trigger it, then powered the camera separately. Can’t remember how exactly, but I also wanted to be able to display the camera while not in reverse to check towed items. If set up this way it’s possible the camera isn’t getting power while the unit thinks it is.

Back