Radio problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brallon

Reaction score
Ok, I'm new here so please be gentle if this at the wrong section.

I have a 2008 Navara and I recently got problems with the radio.
All of a sudden the radio went completely silent. Bluetooth connects and everything looks like working just fine, but absolutely no sound comes from the speakers.
This could go on for a few days and suddenly the radio could start working again for a few days.
It kept doing this for a while and looks like its dead for good now.

The question is that where should I start looking for the problem? My first guess would be that the radio is broken, but i dont know.

Ok, I'm new here so please be gentle if this at the wrong section.

I have a 2008 Navara and I recently got problems with the radio.
All of a sudden the radio went completely silent. Bluetooth connects and everything looks like working just fine, but absolutely no sound comes from the speakers.
This could go on for a few days and suddenly the radio could start working again for a few days.
It kept doing this for a while and looks like its dead for good now.

The question is that where should I start looking for the problem? My first guess would be that the radio is broken, but i dont know.

Funnily enough, this was happening to the previous owner of my car, in the Nissan receipts, they changed the stereo.

Thanks, that settles then that I need to replace the stereo.
This brings us to my next question. If I mount an aftermarket stereo, is this the right adapter kit?
Adapter wiring . Sorry for the finnish website, but the picture should be accurate.

The smaller connector should be J210 TEL/NAVI right?

navara.connections.jpg
navara.wiring.JPG

Yep the radio failed in my 2010 D40 about 5 years in - then the second one was pretty much gone by the time I sold up in 2019.

Well, I replaced the radio now but still no sound. I guess the speakers are gone? Or is there some sort of amplifier hidden in the dashboard somewhere?

Before I'm removing the door panels, how big are the speakers in the doors? 6,5 inches?

Last edited:
I guess the speakers are gone?
Odds on the're shot. It's quite a common problem in Navaras and Patrols to. Mine gave up. The rears are still ok. In the front doors they are oval, 9" x 6". It's pretty easy to remove the door panels and youtube is your friend here. Quite a few vids on how to do so.

Yeah it was the speakers. Well, now my navara got an audio update with new Pioneer 2din touchscreen stereo and a pair of Ground Zero 6x9.
Sounds better than before

Did you splice the wiring or buy and Aeropro adaptor kit?

It always annoyed me how Nissan used that extra connector for the Aerial.

Yeah, I put a double DIN Kenwood in mine. Love it.
Only prob with those adapters was that I had to swap the 12V Power and ACC pins over.
I have a 550 and in the centre console compartment there is a 3.5mm stereo jack and a USB plug for AUX inputs for the Nissan Stereo. I lost the use of these with the factory stereo gone.
If by chance you have them, you can pick up this connector to hook them to your new stereo.
5.87US $ 30% OFF|Biurlink Car Factory Stereo USB/RCA Male Port USB RCA Wire For Nissan Qashqai Tenna Grey Port|Cables, Adapters & Sockets| - AliExpress
Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 3.52.02 PM.png

Bit late to the party, but my front speakers didn’t last long after I put a new head unit in. I thought it was a cheap head unit fault when I couldn’t hear incoming phone calls. After a while I worked out that the calls only came though the front speakers and the rears were covering for music. Discovered by playing with the faded controls one day!

New fronts installed and all good.

Latest posts

Back