Radio problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damgud987

Reaction score
Hi all again so the radio was working fine went in the garage for engine rebuild came back and now no radio can get am the archer's on but thats it its like crackling hear a faint reception but nothing I can tune in to any ideas thanks

Not immediately to hand, and I'd have to pull my dash apart to do it.

The radio antenna plugs into the back of the head unit. Did they do anything in the dash area of your car?

Not immediately to hand, and I'd have to pull my dash apart to do it.

The radio antenna plugs into the back of the head unit. Did they do anything in the dash area of your car?
Not sure what they did but I have taken the radio out looked and can't see anything that looks like a aerial socket

This is just a random picture I found on the internet but it's got the antenna socket highlighted. It's about 8mm in diameter. That's what you're looking for.

Car Radio Back.jpg

Into that socket will be a plug on the end of a black coaxial cable, the plug will look something like the plug in this picture:

Car Radio Antenna Plug.jpg

Hope that helps.

Yeah thats how I know the aerial plug but I don't have anything like that at the back of the radio no coax or no socket in the radio

The Navara antenna plug isn't a standard coax. It is a Fakra connector ( Google will help)

There's no antenna booster on the D40.

The Navara antenna plug isn't a standard coax. It is a Fakra connector ( Google will help)

There's no antenna booster on the D40.
Ok thanks just Google it and looks like its the square plug on the Wright so I will have a look today

Latest posts

Back