Radio/CDs no sound

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i have a 07 D40 Navara that comes with a Monitor which works with its buttons, some time ago out of a sudden there was no audio coming out from the speakers.
I can search for Radio Stations, the CD player cant register CDs or Eject and when i click the "LOAD" button it says "Please Eject Disc" when theres not even a CD inside. So i get no sound from Radio nor CDs
I've checked the fuses and everythings fine, i have done the reset with the battery too.
It used to play sometimes randomly while driving but when i turned the engine off and on, it was again not playing.
Now the only sign of sound life is when i change Radio Stations or when i Increase/Decrease the volume, and its not music, its ticking like when you plug or unplug your headphones..

Any idea whats wrong?

Last edited:
It sounds to me like the unit is toast, but there's something to try first.

Nissan (for whatever reason) combined the earth points for the stereo and the instrument cluster. Sometimes this causes the instrument cluster to draw its earth through the stereo, sometimes the stereo through the instruments, and often the entire earth is pulled through the radio antenna.

A really simple solution is to add a (black) wire from one of the stereo mounting bolts to one of the dash mounting bolts, guaranteeing a good earth as well and often resolving these issues.

Can't hurt to try it!

OP did you ever find a solution? Having a similar issue in my D22 and replacing the head unit did not fix it.

Latest posts

Back