R51 Pathfinder loss of drive, goes to neutral

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raamsfamily

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have an interesting problem with my R51 Pathfinder. While driving the 4WD light comes on, seconds later Chk Alternator light, seconds later the car seems to go to neutral and lose all drive but revs up. Both icons on dash showing gear (right) and drive/diffs (left) disappear. If I remove acceleration and shortly re-apply the gear engages and I am driving again with no alarms (for a while).

My mechanic thought it was a speed sensor and replaced it, but the issue persist. My wife also complains this week that the car randomly won't start, but so far it has for me.

you could clean the check the battery terminals, make sure everything is clean and tight, check all plugs are pushed in firmly together, I’m guessing all fluid levels have been checked?
good luck :)

Guessing the op has long since resolved his problems.

There's one particular and quite simple aftermarket conversion that fixes all of these problems. It's not cheap though. lol.

toyota-landcruiser-sahara-54056-mdf5.jpg

https://www.carsales.com.au/editori...iser-200-series-what-you-need-to-know-129033/

Latest posts

Back