qd32 turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Has anyone got any pictures or diagrams or tips on making a turbo manifold and dump pipe for a qd32? I am interested in the layout of the manifold.

Alan

I believe the exhaust manifold for a TD27T is a bolt-up fit.

I will post some pictures and measurements of mine tomorrow when it's light out if you're interested.

Are you looking to fabricate one or source by the cheapest easiest means?

Hi

Finding a cheap TD27T manifold is similar to winning lotto so I thought I would buy the bends and straights from Blackwoods and try and fabricate one. I will buy a manifold gasket and make the flange to suit. I have access to a couple of turbos (my son has just replaced his with bigger ones so the old turbos are just laying around and I thought I might as well use one of them. I am looking at cheap as...

Alan

you probably won't need many bends at all as the manifolds are generally just log style.
unless your going to get fancy and build a tuned manifold which will probably a waste of $$ on a near standard motor.
its quite surprising how small and crappy the design of them are.

what are the old turbo's off ?

Old turbos are off a RB26 Skyline GTR R32.
You see on ebay lots of turbo manifolds but they dont seem to want to do them for the QD32 or any other diesel really. You'd think there was a market for them worldwide.
What about dump pipe? Any ideas?

Alan

not off hand, its one motor i don't know bugger all on.
there is a few turbo kits out for them so possible they have pics on their websites.

The kits displayed on the websites are so small (25mm x 25mm approx) and the resolution is not great so as to enlarge it enough to see it reasonably clearly.

mind you are pics going to be any help? you will need to custom make the manifold for the turbo anyway.
the other thing is do you know what compressor wheels and housings etc you will need to make the turbo suitable for the motor ?

Well, I'm surprised that no one has any pics of a Qd32 turbo manifold!

Alan

Sorry mate, I'm getting around to taking some, just been uber busy. Best I can tell what you really need is centre to centre measurements of the exhaust outlets?

I'll try to get to it soon.

Could be wrong, but dont the Terranos like 97"on come out QD32 Turbo? not sure you get them in Auz but would be an easy bolt on setup.... just an idea.

I'd thought the Terrano II runs a TD27Ti, with ECU and lots of fancy stuff to break, but do prove me wrong.

Have a feeling the NZ New Terranos were all TD27 up until the ZD30 models here but we also have the Jap R3m model which comes out QD32 turbo between 97 and 99..but you could be right and you may not have got them in Auz.

yes the terranos came out with QD32T inter-cooled.
i did hear that there was some navaras got them fitted as well. however i also heard dealers where fitting after-market kits to the navaras because they had trouble competing with all the other makes which had turbo diesels.

Finding a cheap TD27T manifold is similar to winning lotto so I thought I would buy the bends and straights from Blackwoods and try and fabricate one. I will buy a manifold gasket and make the flange to suit... I am looking at cheap as...

I'm looking at doing the same after finding out the prices from Denco and AXT

Here is the Denco manifold price Online Store - Denco Diesel & Turbo still waiting for AXT to get back to me but you can see how basic the AXT one is from this doc http://www.turbonetics.com.au/Nissan%20QD32%20Turbo.pdf

I'm keen to get this going so if any one can help with some info, photos, tips etc. that would be great.

Thanks all.

AXT got back to me and wont sell their manifold separately, only the complete kit for $3110

Last edited:
These look interesting.

TD27/QD32 turbo manifolds, flanged for T3 or T4, $300. Not cheap, but much cheaper than AXT etc.
NISSAN NAVARA or PATHFINDER TD27 QD32 Turbo MANIFOLD - eBay 4x4 Accessories, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Sep-10 22:57:38 AEST)

%21B0-KV4QBGk%7E$%28KGrHqYOKnUEw89OpVZ3BMcm6JZ9YQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

%21B0-K%28pQ%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqQOKj4E%29hqIjq+tBMcm6Q28vg%7E%7E_12.JPG

I contact the guy with the above manifold and he replied with the following info.

"Hi Leigh, we have one QD32 Turbo Manifold left - $299.00 + Regd Mail postage to Victoria $21.00 - Total $320.00

We can also supply the following kit:

Nissan TD25, TD27, QD32 Turbo Manifold

T3 /T4 Turbo with internal wastegate & 6 pound actuator

Stainless steel turbo to manifold gasket
4 turbo to manifold studs
4 turbo to manifold stud nuts
1 90 degree turbo oil feed fitting
1 oil feed line
1 oil drain pipe
1 oil drain pipe gasket
2 stainless steel bolts for oil drain
Oil return hose (Gates)
2 clamps for oil return hose
Oil return engine block fitting
1 2-way engine block feed fitting
1 oil feed fitting
2 bungs
v-band for exhaust
weld flange for exhaust

Price $800.00 + Reg Mail P&H $50.00 (package is close to 20 kgs) - photos are attached
Thanks Allan"

He tells me the turbos are chinese copies but are still fine.
He is ordering in some more kits and manifolds due to high demand but wont have the manifolds 'til Oct and the kits late November

If anyone else is interested send Allan an email at [email protected]
(I was also told the ebay pics are wrong. The QD32 one has Nissan on it)

I think I might get one...

Attachments

• NissanTurboAKit.jpg
    NissanTurboAKit.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 324
  • NissanTurboBKit.jpg
    NissanTurboBKit.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
If it was me, I would go a better turbo as the compressor wheels spin at say 50,000-150,000rpm. You dont want it to be not balanced to well.

But thats me, good luck with it.

Dave.

I contact the guy with the above manifold and he replied with the following info.

"Hi Leigh, we have one QD32 Turbo Manifold left - $299.00 + Regd Mail postage to Victoria $21.00 - Total $320.00

We can also supply the following kit:

Nissan TD25, TD27, QD32 Turbo Manifold

T3 /T4 Turbo with internal wastegate & 6 pound actuator

Stainless steel turbo to manifold gasket
4 turbo to manifold studs
4 turbo to manifold stud nuts
1 90 degree turbo oil feed fitting
1 oil feed line
1 oil drain pipe
1 oil drain pipe gasket
2 stainless steel bolts for oil drain
Oil return hose (Gates)
2 clamps for oil return hose
Oil return engine block fitting
1 2-way engine block feed fitting
1 oil feed fitting
2 bungs
v-band for exhaust
weld flange for exhaust

Price $800.00 + Reg Mail P&H $50.00 (package is close to 20 kgs) - photos are attached
Thanks Allan"

He tells me the turbos are chinese copies but are still fine.
He is ordering in some more kits and manifolds due to high demand but wont have the manifolds 'til Oct and the kits late November

If anyone else is interested send Allan an email at [email protected]
(I was also told the ebay pics are wrong. The QD32 one has Nissan on it)

I think I might get one...

logz, did you end up getting this kit mate? any feedback? seems cheap.

Latest posts

Back