QD32/TD27 turbo rebuild HT12

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedm1989

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've noticed that since my last trip away that I've got oil leaking from my turbo piping to my inlet manifold.

I checked my new catch can piping to the turbo but it is pretty dry and no sign of oil being pulled into the turbo which leaves me to believe the compressor seal is on its way out.

The turbo was second hand and I knew that it would not last forever, perhaps a little longer then it did but I was still happy to get the nav turbo'd.

Now my question is, should i get the HT12-1 rebuilt or go for a replacement like what I found some time ago:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kinugawa...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4188556262

Does anyone know where I could get the turbo rebuilt in sydney?

I haven't rebuilt one but they look pretty simple to do. Try Nizzbits for a rebuild kit and have a crack.

Ive stripped a d40 garrett.its pretty basic.only simple tools needed.its on the list to rebuild it and im pretty confident i can do it.otherwise you can somtimes get a cartridge...basically a new center part of the turbo.this way you reuse your old exhaust and intake housings..

Latest posts

Back