qd32 gearbox into d21 td27 navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shayne66

Reaction score
hi just wondering how hard it would be to put a qd32 manual gearbox into my d21 navara i have the td27 engine in it but having trouble with the box thanks shayne

It requires a few modifications to fit. It will bolt straight to the motor. The clutch pin needs to be approx 10mm longer due to the QD32 flywheel being thicker. The reverse switch plug on the wiring loom needs to be extended. The gearbox crossmember where it bolts to the chassis will need changing, ie weld old holes & drill new ones. The torsion bar crossmember needs to be massaged to enable the gearbox to fit if its 4WD.

thanks for the info sounds like it can be done . i think i will give it a go
been told the qd32 box is better. mine is a 4wd thanks shayne

its a bolt in. use v6 d21 crossmember. Use a terrano II clutch pin and away you go. I did this to my terrano. was one of the best thinsg I ever did to that beast. Im doing it to my navara d21 now as well

Wow thats going to be a bit of work. The electrics take a bit of work. A mate of mine did it

Haven't got cracking with the electrical work yet, but there's plans on the thread for what I think I need to do.

Re-hashing a 10 year old thread here, here goes nothing...

Just to confirm, The QD32 transfer case swaps in aswell? Nothing extra/different required on the output side

looking to do the whole thing at once, as it's actually my transfer case that has shat the bed.

Latest posts

Back