Pulling YD25 out of 2007 D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heato75

Reaction score
Hey fellas, will get into the long story a bit later but for now, does the MT have to come out to get the engine out? 9 out of 10 bell housing bolts are out and was hoping to just support the front of the MT as I’m doing it but manual says the gbox had to come out first. Can’t see why it would but I’ve seen weirder things. Cheers!

I watched a video yesterday and the fella didn't remove the manual transmission. He said there was one bolt on the bell housing that was hard to get to but he eventually worked out how to do it.

He didn't give any details or show how he did it. I was wondering if he removed the console and got to it through the gear stick hole.

I watched a video yesterday and the fella didn't remove the manual transmission. He said there was one bolt on the bell housing that was hard to get to but he eventually worked out how to do it.

He didn't give any details or show how he did it. I was wondering if he removed the console and got to it through the gear stick hole.
I’m going to go ahead and assume it’s the 10th bolt that I’m stuck on atm. Prob torqued with the same rattle gun that mine was done with🤦‍♂️. Will pull the console tomorrow and have a looksie.

When you say he didn’t remove the tranny, you mean from the vehicle yeah? Obv of the motor but still mounted to vehicle and connected to tail shafts etc?

Have a look. Unfortunately it's not a "how to video" ... it's him telling a story about how the ruptured oil cooler ruined his engine. He removed the engine to take it to the engine re conditioner. The manual transmission was still connected to the vehicle including tail shafts.

He does say he's got a jack under the gearbox.

I was thinking about this again. If you're removing the gearbox to replace the clutch the same issue exists in that one or two bolts at the top of the bell housing are harder to get to.

I had my clutch done a few years ago. I was pressed for time so I got the local workshop to do it. They pulled the gearbox off the motor and the motor position wan't touched. They were able to get to all the bell housing bolts. The vehicle was on a hoist so being able to stand underneath makes it ergonomically easier to get access.

Last edited:
With the radiator out of the way it can be done easily, just need to ensure that all the bolts are out and the harness isn't going to get damaged.
Putting it back in is harder!!

Been there done that. Same motor but a D22. 1 Bolt opposite to the rest on the bell housing above the starter motor. The MT can stay in but you need to drop it to access the 2bolts at 11 and 2. A loooong extension and swivel will get them with a lot of work.

Latest posts

Back