Problem with my Datsun

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinto

Reaction score
Help needed .. My Navara with VG30E fuel injected engine has developed a flat spot on acceleration . When cold it runs like a carburetor engine with a huge flat spot and the flat spot is still there when hot but not as bad. I have cleaned the maf sensor , air filter etc Any ideas as to the problem ?? Cheers

Attachments

• IMGP5377.JPG
    IMGP5377.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
Seeing as it runs off a distributor, have you checked the spark timing? If that's out, everything is out. It's pretty easy to check using an old fashioned timing light.

Help needed .. My Navara with VG30E fuel injected engine has developed a flat spot on acceleration . When cold it runs like a carburetor engine with a huge flat spot and the flat spot is still there when hot but not as bad. I have cleaned the maf sensor , air filter etc Any ideas as to the problem ?? Cheers
Is it a Datsun B210 ?

Timing is definitely a possibility, but also consider the timing advance - it may be sticking, and not advancing quickly like it's supposed to. Older distributors had a pair of weights on an arm that spun under the rotor that would swing out and change the position of the points (thus advancing the timing). Easiest way to test this is with a timing light. It might be as simple as adding some WD40 to the workings in the distributor and if that works, consider disassembly + cleaning + replacing any worn/corroded parts.

Latest posts

Back