Problem with 4lo and now 4hi

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambar12

Reaction score
Hi there new to the site ,i have a 2012 D40 V6 STX 550 . After putting it into 4lo i had trouble trying to get it out of 4lo it went into fault 4WD tried most of the tricks mention on site checked wiring for condition and corrosion. In the end i took the actuator off the back of T/case turn input shaft in T/case anti clock wise till i had it in 2WD then turned actuator shaft to suit same direction ,also turned dial in car to 2WD . Symbol on dash now shows i am in 2wd but the VDC light is on constantly if i turn dial to 4HI it goes into fault 4wd. Took actuator off with missus in car with keys turned, in neutral, foot on brake, turning dial actuator didnt turn . Open bonnet and tried to listen to relays with fingers on top of the relays couldnt feel any thing .Which relays are they? and could it be the switches in the T/case ? actuator is clean as inside
0.jpg

Last edited:
It does sound like the actuator is either faulty or not getting a signal. In the YD25 D40 the TF relays are in the box near the battery - hopefully a 550 owner will come past this thread and shed some light on the relay location. It would also be prudent to run a check of other fuses as well.

It does sound like the actuator is either faulty or not getting a signal. In the YD25 D40 the TF relays are in the box near the battery - hopefully a 550 owner will come past this thread and shed some light on the relay location. It would also be prudent to run a check of other fuses as well.

Found position of relays they are in printed on the inside of the cover. But i took the 3 switches outjusttohave a look at them mechanically and when change from D to N i get 4wd fault and a buzzing noise with it so I will order 3 switches and go from there .

I have a 2010 D40 Y25 that the dash showed a fault and was in 4low Used the dash switch several times going back and forth but display would come back. Put vehicle on a hoist and spun wheels by hand in gear. It was in 2wd contrary to dash display. Eventually replaced the three sensors on the transfer case and all fixed. Switches cost about $200 from Nissan. You also need a deep socket. Hope you can get it sorted coz it is a pain in the arse.

So i change the 3 switches ,VDC light is still on, turned main dial from 2wd to 4wdHi and symbol on dash flashes 4wd Lo then goes to 4WD FAULT and a buzzing alarm can be heard . Anyone had a simiar problem ?

Latest posts

Back