Private message content

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra04

Reaction score
guys
today a member was unfortunately banned due to the content of a private message
the recipient of the message was quite upset and rightly so
PLEASE be mindfull of sending innapropriate pm's as if they are reported and found to be threatening or defamatory in any way you run the risk of being banned, we don't want to ban ANYONE but we MUST keep it clean and respectful, banning anyone is usually discussed with all admin,mods first
i hope you all understand and agree
cheers

Last edited:
I'll second that.

This is a FRIENDLY site. Please don't think we take bullying lightly. If you come out with guns blazing aiming at someone for their lack of experience or whatever, then YOU are the one who will be dealt with.

It's amazing that we have to have posts like this to remind people to remain civil. It's more amazing that we have to remove people from this place because they can't be reasonable and find any excuse they can to be aggressive towards other participants.

This forum has its appeal in its helpfulness. It loses that appeal when it fills with posts by people who are just out to target others.

BobbyKemp, in particular, I want to publicly apologise to you. You are welcome here, and welcome to post, and ask questions, and seek help. If it makes you feel more comfortable to, do it by sending me a PM and we'll find answers for you. Same goes for anyone else.

This is NOT a place where anyone should feel uncomfortable to ask a question - that's the very reason why we're here. If the only thing you can do is mock or ridicule someone then I'll open the door for you myself, and yes that's my bootprint on your ass as well.

i have to agree with you guys on this, this site is a place of help and mutual respect, i have found plenty of help here and can only try and repay the assistance i have received by helping others as best i can.
I have to say also other then recently have found nothing but helpful an respectful people here and hope it continues in the future.

Definantly. Bobbykemp stated he was new to the scene, this site isnt for elitist twats. The more people willing to learn, the better. The more people geared up with knowledge, the more help is available.

Everyone is welcome reguardless of experience.

Couldn't say it better cobez
Good time for myself to apologize for getting a twat in The last too

Couldn't say it better cobez
Good time for myself to apologize for getting a twat in The last too

no one wants us to act like we are in church, we all like the mild banter , without it we would be just another forum out there
have your say, voice your opinion, be who you are, share your experiences and try to help others, the day that stops is the day i am out of here
threats and intimidation and just generally being a prick can't and won't be tolerated
if a complaint is made we have to have a look at it and act accordingly
in this case several complaints were made and an inapropriate pm was involved, it was discussed between tony and myself this morning with Jason sent all relevant info
we try to be fair and have more than 1 mod/admin making such decisions to avoid issues we have experienced in the past
cheers

And lets be honest here, the fact the word "shit" isnt censored on here, is alot more leanient than other forums. I have no complaints, i think this forum is well run and moderated. 99% of the blokes on here are helpful and friendly.

Thank you guys for the support, it's really humbling that the guys on here all share the same views and beliefs about the website and how people conduct themselves on it. I've just picked up my egr blanking plate and looking forward to working on my first mod. Very clique but I definitely couldn't have done any of it without the support, info and members on this website.
Cheers

Thank you guys for the support, it's really humbling that the guys on here all share the same views and beliefs about the website and how people conduct themselves on it. I've just picked up my egr blanking plate and looking forward to working on my first mod. Very clique but I definitely couldn't have done any of it without the support, info and members on this website. Cheers

Good to hear you are sticking around mate. Dont let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

I didn't think I'd see anyone band from this site, but well done to the moderation team for doing it, personal attacks are just not good ,
This forum was a swaying factor in buying a navara, compared to a few other forums this one is just miles infront, not much brand bashing goes on. Plus everyone is super helpfull. If it wasn't for the community feel of this forum there would be a few less navaras with temp display on the dash.
So mods keep up the good work

I would like to think that threads that moderators take part in could be policed for derogatory content towards others as well, however that has proven not to be the case many many times. Unfortunately it explains why I no longer post here, just browse anonymously. When some members are notable by their ongoing harrassment towards others, it gets a little tiring.

BobbyKemp39 - hopefully you get as much out of this forum as I used to. If you can stick clear of some members who insist on being total wackers, then you stand to gain a lot from the assembled information here. And giving back to the forum is part of the community - no doubt you will do so. Remember - every new experience to you, might be a new experience to someone else too, so speak up :)

Just one thing for all members to remember is that the have the right to ignore any user.they will no longer see anything from that user. Not everyone will see things the same way and some may have inflated egos but at the end of the day we all have a common goal .Some may say things in a way others may not agree with. Again simply putting that user on the ignore list works a treat.
Trouble makers usually just dry up and blow away especially when nobody is listening to them
All I can say is great job being done by the mods and hopefully this forum will be round for a long time to come.

I'll second that.

This is a FRIENDLY site. Please don't think we take bullying lightly. If you come out with guns blazing aiming at someone for their lack of experience or whatever, then YOU are the one who will be dealt with.

It's amazing that we have to have posts like this to remind people to remain civil. It's more amazing that we have to remove people from this place because they can't be reasonable and find any excuse they can to be aggressive towards other participants.

This forum has its appeal in its helpfulness. It loses that appeal when it fills with posts by people who are just out to target others.
y
BobbyKemp, in particular, I want to publicly apologise to you. You are welcome here, and welcome to post, and ask questions, and seek help. If it makes you feel more comfortable to, do it by sending me a PM and we'll find answers for you. Same goes for anyone else.

This is NOT a place where anyone should feel uncomfortable to ask a question - that's the very reason why we're here. If the only thing you can do is mock or ridicule someone then I'll open the door for you myself, and yes that's my bootprint on your ass as well.

Hmmmm. You might want to delete your posts on how to fit a heater by Kwilko then.

I'd like to briefly remind people of a few things:

1) The primary goal of the forum. It's on the main page, www.navara.asia and have a read. That's what the goal is here and it's what we as admins and mods strive to achieve. We don't always hit the mark - sometimes it's not as simple as sticking our head in.

2) Cyber bullying is already a crime and if you think you're being subjected to it you can have a read of this page on the Australian Federal Police's web site and on that page is a link to a secure PDF (.ASHX file, use Adobe Reader to open it) which has lots of information in it, including who to contact.

3) We don't want to be a nanny forum, and so you'll sometimes see people like myself talking shit about this or that. Most of us are blokes (most, not all) and we talk like blokes. Blokes don't go on a tear like we recently saw without expecting the natural reaction - and in this case, the result was a permanent ban.

It's been a while since we've had someone burn their brain clutch and were unable to put their brain into gear before engaging the keyboard, hopefully it'll be a while longer before it happens again.

If ANYONE has ANY issue with another person, you can raise it with either Jason, Ian or myself. If you're interested, you can click on this link which will show you who the moderators and admins of the forum are. ANY of these people can be contacted, and your issue/question will either be dealt with privately (for anything personal) or directed to the correct person/place (in the case of something technical) without it being made public.

I don't like people feeling unwanted, or unable to post (and that goes for you too, Doc, and I'm absolutely confident that you'd understand why).

I would like to think that threads that moderators take part in could be policed for derogatory content towards others as well, however that has proven not to be the case many many times. Unfortunately it explains why I no longer post here, just browse anonymously. When some members are notable by their ongoing harrassment towards others, it gets a little tiring. QUOTE]

doc

we try to be fair and have more than 1 mod/admin making decisions regarding bans to avoid issues we have experienced in the past" "

any reported post goes to ALL admins
admins and mods aren't "untouchable"
recent history has just proved that

Last edited:
Back