Primary timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another question for you all.

Does anyone know the best way to remove the dpf.

I was thinking of drilling out the honeycomb inside. 2007 Spanish built Navara.

Will it bring up a fault code or will it cause a regeneration problem.

I was thinking if it sensing that there is no blockage it should be fine. I will also blank of the egr.

thanks

chris

be careful if you do butcher yours, because if down the track it throws a code, you will need a functioning dpf to clear it. i believe they cost thousands to buy new. there used to be someone who sold recalibrated sensors to use with a delete pipe.

Ok thanks,

It’s 2007 model and it’s a catalytic Converter. Any thoughts?
im thinking knocking the guts Out of it.

thanks

chris

I wouldn't jump at knocking the guts out of the cat. If you suspect problems with the DPF, write to auggie (a user on this forum) and ask about his replacement sensors. They're not cheap, but they are absolutely brilliant and work precisely as auggie states.

Hello Guys,
When I bought mine, 2007 D40, its DPF was already removed (the inner filters and the mesh/honeycomb) where as all rest of the sensors were intact into the original mountings.. It worked with no codes till a mo month back when suddenly one day the DPF light appeared and it started giving black smoke upon sudden acceleration though was still not in the limp mode..
What I did was un-mount the two pressure sensors pipes/hosings from the DPF and connected them directly through a small piece of metal pipe, which did the trick and DPF light vanished along with the black smoke..
This simulated to the pressure sensors that pressure differenc is with in range and DPF is clean enough.. So not need to put a new DPF..!

Hello,
First post here. 2005 3.0 litre. Wondering what inner is meter and length of pipe was used. Same as existing hoses/pipes?? Erick

Diameter instead of ‘is meter’. Have to spell check the spell check it seems.

Thnx for clearing that up for me. Only owned this for a couple weeks. Bought it at an auction and I’m not up with modern Diesel engines. But learning fast thnx to this forum!!

Latest posts

Back