Power steering pump replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amandas380

Reaction score
Hello,

My power steering pump has a wine, wondering if anyone has changed theirs before and what the process is for an at home job or should I just take it to a power steering place to get fixed? Tried to look up youtube clips but nothing comes up.

Cheers

Is the whine at certain point in the steering motion i.e just before full lock?
there is an adjustment that can be made on it.. ( sorry that all i have there)had maybe something similar 20k kays ago and mechanic adjusted and tightened it up within service.. can't engender tho if it was a squel or a whine
could your power steering level be a little low?

It's not on full lock, it's more of a bearing whine that goes with the revs of the car down low and under load, I've replaced the alternator, the idler pully and belt and also the water pump, now I'm being told it's the power steering pump, it's so frustrating it's becoming a very expensive exercise lol. Fluids all good.
Thanks for your help 👍 🙂

It's not on full lock, it's more of a bearing whine that goes with the revs of the car down low and under load, I've replaced the alternator, the idler pully and belt and also the water pump, now I'm being told it's the power steering pump, it's so frustrating it's becoming a very expensive exercise lol. Fluids all good.
Thanks for your help 👍 🙂
Maybe? Try changing out the oil by flushing out the steering fluid

Latest posts

Back