Power programmer?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monoxide

Reaction score
I have been looking for a programmer for my 08 navara 4.0L.

Im not looking for an idrive. Maybe something that has preloaded "safe tunes" or add a bit more power with it.

Where you are plays a role here, because some places just go down the ECU-flashing path and others just sell chips. The iDive chip shouldn't be compared to a Steinbauer or ChipIt device. These chips don't just adjust the signal from the accelerator pedal, they actually do calculations based on intake air, demand and even exhaust gas temperature.

You could also consider "diesel gas" - which is a method of introducing LPG in addition to the diesel. It's clever in that you get a boost in power while you've got a full gas bottle and once it runs out you're back to normal power.

But there are people who reflash the ECU with new mappings, just don't take your car to Nissan afterwards in case they put a factory tune back on it!

Im in South Australia. I had a Dodge Ram 1500, i used Superchips on it which was awesome in moveing shift points and safely increasing AFR. Wasnt sure if there is anything like that for our trucks.

Mines an 08 Navara, 4x4, 4.0L auto.

Ok your got the VQ40 petrol job? I did get a ride in one years ago. I was very impressed. Shits all over a 2.5L DT- stock standard. Must say I was a little jealous to, silky smooth as well. Dunno much about remapping them. I'm sure it can be done. No doubt there is other aftermarket skulduggery that can be done to looms to trick the ECU (more power). Back in the early days of fuel injection we use to mod the coolant temperature sensor to trick the ECU it was running colder than it was and therefore more fuel. Worked a treat but things are much more sophisticated now days.

I would be more inclined to upgrade induction and exhaust. It will go harder and ECU load points will shift. If the O2 sensors are constantly signaling it's running lean after mods it will adjust fuel and ignition maps - to a point. It may be a safer way to go. Good thing about about petrol engines, fattening up the AFR decreases EGT's not raises them like in diesels.

If you wanted to go the full monte you could look at something like a Stillen supercharger kit or even custom turbo installation. Would be quite a Party truck with something like that. Although the kit would probably worth more than your truck cost. Having said that the Hilux and Amaroks... wouldn't see which way you went. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ok your got the VQ40 petrol job? I did get a ride in one years ago. I was very impressed. Shits all over a 2.5L DT- stock standard. Must say I was a little jealous to, silky smooth as well. Dunno much about remapping them. I'm sure it can be done. No doubt there is other aftermarket skulduggery that can be done to looms to trick the ECU (more power).

I would be more inclined to upgrade induction and exhaust. It will go harder and ECU load points will shift. If the O2 sensors are constantly signaling it's running lean after mods it and adjust fuel and ignition maps - to a point. It may be a safer way to to go. Good thing about about petrol engines, fatting up the AFR decreases EGT's not raises them like in diesels.

If you wanted to go the full monte you could look at something like a Stillen supercharger kit for it. Would be quite a Party truck with one of them bolted on. Although the kit would probably worth more than you truck is worth. Having said that the Hilux and Amaroks would not see which way you went. :biggrin:
I looked into the supercharger but price vs. Gains isnt there for me.

I did find a tuner though. Hypertech 62001 supposed to add +18HP and +20TQ

Dyno sheet, going to have to zoom in an read it all. Think its selling for $330.00 though 😬

Attachments

• 20210508_214346.jpg
    20210508_214346.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 8
Looks good for the money. I have edited my post to. Don't operate a keyboard half cut. :)

Although a nice free flowing exhaust and induction may see even more gain.

If you do drop the coin for it would be interested to see how it goes.

Looking at it further 18 HP is not much. Like you will notice it but it's not going to be oh wow. Good thing is it shouldn't shorten the life of you engine.

Yea the supercharger is $6,000 for 93hp. And will still need a proper tune so more money.

The programmer is safe as it adjusts afr in a safe spec but makes more hp/tq.

That and i only paid 9k for my truck lol. And it has 234,000km (145,000 mi)

Im also looking at exhaust work too nothing to crazy just some more bass tones. Maybe a flowmaster 40 series

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back