Power loss

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveo52

Reaction score
Lack of power as soon as I reach an uphill gradient of any kind. Typical turbo ailments but no smoke whatsoever and no excessive turbo noise and no fault codes showing. The DPF is also long gone! Any sensible ideas?

Several possibilities. Year model would help a little.

Does the power loss occur immediately when you put your foot down, and can you repeat it on a flat road just by accelerating hard? This is typical of a diesel's SCV either being faulty or dirty. This often happens without codes. Fuel system cleaner (Liqui Moly Fuel System Treatment or Diesel Purge are good) might help, but often the solution is just to replace the SCV (it's a small part on the fuel pump).

SCV = suction control valve, it's a small component on the high pressure fuel pump. On slightly older models it was (is) a royal pain, causing the symptoms you described.

The SCV also caused the engine to "hunt" at idle, like it would never sit at stable RPM, it would surge and back off continually. If you have that symptom as well, throw in a bottle of injector cleaner and see if that helps, but it will likely need a new SCV.

But, if that's not it, there could be issue with the turbocharger or the EGR. Usually see some smoke associated with those. Do you have any means of seeing the boost level while you're driving? A bluetooth ELM327 OBD2 dongle and an Android app like "Torque" can do this.

Cheers, I'm a bit behind the curve with some of todays electronics. I'll hook it up to my diagnostics an give it a run. I can't imagine anything is dirty as I'm running it on GTL. I'd expect smoke if it was turbo related, but didn't know if there are any electronics stopping it over fuelling.

Latest posts

Back