Quantcast

PLEASE READ: How to use the new software.

The Navara Forum

Help Support The Navara Forum:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This software is very similar to vBulletin, it is XenForo v2.

1. To make a post, click on the title of the forum, and click on it to get the index of threads. You should see a blank line for a title of a thread. You can click on it and it will also open the box for the body of the message (post).

1591322773306.png

Or you can look to the right and see Post New Thread button:

1591322820753.png

2. When filled in there is the Post Thread button.

1591322892140.png

Next adding images, files to the post.
1. Look to the bottom left on the post your making and you will see:

1591323044297.png

That will take you to your storage area of images, you choose, upload. You will get a thumbnail, or Full image option. I suggest the Full image are nicer for the others to see. Below is how some of the images in this thread shows while I'm making the thread.

1591323122231.png

2. The best feature of this software, copy an image from somewhere else and paste.
This is an image copied from an ad, just a right click copy image, and here I will right click paste it.

1591323305436.png

3. You can also use the link to an image by using the
1591323417076.png

This is done with the landscape icon.
With that you can choose upload, paste, or link.

1591323516089.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Private Messages are called Conversations in this Software. Look to the upper right side for your Member Name, an envelope and a bell and the Search icon.

1591323654623.png

And this is what you get when you click on that envelope.
1591323689195.png

You can show all the conversations (PMs) you have or Start a new conversation. I do not have any to show you one that is currently there, but here's how to start a new one.

1591323765094.png

There is one thing that should not be used that bottom box, "lock conversation (no responses will be allowed). The means no one will be able to answer you. So, you will not be having a conversation, it will be a statement.

You cannot delete a conversation, you can Leave it and it will not show on your list of conversations.

You can star a conversation to make it easier to find. You can search for a particular conversation by using the filter.

1591323926280.png

The little bell to in the top right is where Alerts show:

1591324015899.png

This shows someone liked, or answered a thread, or conversation/new conversation

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You are seeing ads on the top and side of the threads area. I know that having ads on the site was mentioned in a thread that I read. Yes, there are ads, but logged in members can turn them off.

Here is how to do it:
1. Click on your member name in the top right corner. That brings up your User Control Panel.

1591324146278.png

From here you need to click on Preferences. (at the top is where to set your timezone.)

1591324238096.png

Explore the other options in that page. Remember to Save when done.

Also, from the User Control Panel, check out the Alert Preferences. That will let you decide whether you get your alerts just on the forum, or if an email is sent also.

The account details is where your email is, and you can keep that updated. Check it out.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Please take time to explore the icons at the top of the message. The colors of text, the left/center/right justification is in the pull down when you click on
1591324633072.png

Check these out:
1591324681982.png

And go across and try them out.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Likes are now reactions. In this software there are reactions to choose from when you hold down the LIKE in the right corner of the message area of post. These are the options you will see:

1591324773794.png

Also, there is an awesome bunch of smiles available by clicking on the smiley icon on the icon bar. Check it out.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can use a bookmark feature on any thread or post you want to keep.

1591324904048.png

This is what opens when you click on that bookmark icon.
1591324986402.png

That is what the bookmark feature will do, and where you can find it and control that list.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can find the posts you've posted in:

1591325150830.png

You may not have the unanswered threads as I'm looking at it from an Admin account.

This will show you what you've posted:

1591325201496.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to stop for now. If you have questions, please put them here as this is where I'll look first to help you.

BJ Navara

Reaction score
G'day, I've been off the site for quite a while, so what's the best app for this oft ware viewing on Apple devices please?

tweak'e

Reaction score
tweak here. i'm locked out of my old account and no reply on contact us.
if you could change that over it would be appreciated.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
G'day, I've been off the site for quite a while, so what's the best app for this oft ware viewing on Apple devices please?
If you use a mobile browser and type in the forum name it will come up. Once there a notice asking if you would like to add it to home page will appear. Say YES. This allows an icon with a direct link to be on your phone homepage. Then to log in, just touch that icon. If you log out, you will have to log in again but the link will bring you back to the forum.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
tweak here. i'm locked out of my old account and no reply on contact us.
if you could change that over it would be appreciated.
Hi tweak, I did not see a Contact Us message from you, I'm sorry.
Now are you tweak'e ? If so, that account has an email that does not appear correct. I have revalidated your account so you should be able to log in now.

tweak'e

Reaction score
Hi tweak, I did not see a Contact Us message from you, I'm sorry.
Now are you tweak'e ? If so, that account has an email that does not appear correct. I have revalidated your account so you should be able to log in now.
thats me. vodafone dropped its email service and i forgot to change this forum over to new email addy and for some reason the password i thought i used isn't working.
next problem is i can't reset the password as it resets tweak2 not tweak'e account.
might need you to delete this account.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
thats me. vodafone dropped its email service and i forgot to change this forum over to new email addy and for some reason the password i thought i used isn't working.
next problem is i can't reset the password as it resets tweak2 not tweak'e account.
might need you to delete this account.
The new account was merged into the tweak'e account, so that is your only member name now. The new email from tweak2 is in the current version of your account. The site has sent you a password reset email. Look in your spam/junk mail section if you don't see it in your inbox. If you do not have an email, use the contact us and let me know so I can reset a password for you.

karl

Reaction score
Nice work on scoring navaraforum and the new setup is not bad. Still getting used to it even though I come on once every few months.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You can start a conversation with an admin and give us a link to the post that requires alteration. We may not remove the post entirely if the content is required for the conversation flow (eg if you've provided an answer to a question or have asked a question that has been responded to). Private/personal details can be edited out (like redacting). Just let us know.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How can I delete or edit a previous post
Or you can use the report at the bottom left of a post, and that will bring it to all 'staff' attention. And it gives a box to describe what you would like done, or what the "staff" needs to know.

Latest posts