Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
Thanks Mate, great setup.
Spewing about the 35s. Again-who made them come off?

I did Levuka on the weekend on the way back to QLD, suprised me with the difficult tracks in the rain, that red dirt turned to baked on clay.

Did Levuka at easter, very slippery even with minimal rain.
Definetly a great spot, not too far from home to test the Navs capabilities

I followed a few from the group we met in locked Range Rovers down into a big gully. It pissed down and I was more worried about getting out. I'm finding now with the weight and rear overhang I get better traction than the tub. We pulled out 6 cars all had no lift, standard tyres and a learning driver.

2 D40's tore the side steps off and smashed the back bar and rear panel. a Colerado and Ranger as well. The new Cooper st max I run proved itself, the old design was poor in the wet. These at 25psi were like a muddy and just clawed up.
Sorry to intrude on your thread 4by4, just thought I would reply to Manning.
Cheers

Hi Flavi, was it transport that got you on the 35's?, the 285 look good now anyway, you'll probably have a bit more poke and a lesser chance of breaking stuff. I did Levuka on the weekend on the way back to QLD, suprised me with the difficult tracks in the rain, that red dirt turned to baked on clay.

Nah wasn't transport dept just a highway patrol, had to take it in to the cop shop to get it signed off. It's now mod plated for 285-75r16 and 2+2. Levuka is awesome love that place. Yeh it gets real slippery out there with rain

Levuka is a lovely place, I popped in at the last moment, I hope to go back again with some gents from here. It would be nice for a muster or large gathering, plenty of space. The crappers were basic but clean. The tracks suit anyones ability or car.

i noticd the black custom snorkle on your rig [ 4BYFOR ] why is the intake facing the rear ? you do know this set up with wind turbulance at speed causes air to be sucked out and not let in how it would if the intake is at the front like there designed for. just my 25 cents worth mate. think about it.

i noticd the black custom snorkle on your rig [ 4BYFOR ] why is the intake facing the rear ? you do know this set up with wind turbulance at speed causes air to be sucked out and not let in how it would if the intake is at the front like there designed for. just my 25 cents worth mate. think about it.

Very true and a little known fact. A poor setup snorkle can rob power too.

yes considering all the other mods done this could be worth modifying too. naturally performance loss with this snorkle would only come into play at say highway speeds not normal offroad 4x4 driving.

Is that true? It seems too obvious, like how reverse bonnet scoops feeding the induction on race cars dont suck but are actually taking advantage of the high pressure zone in front of the windscreen. Then again, the reverse snorkel doesnt exactly have a windscreen in front of it. At least its not going to be catching every bit of shit that gets flung off the front tyre.

Is that true? It seems too obvious, like how reverse bonnet scoops feeding the induction on race cars dont suck but are actually taking advantage of the high pressure zone in front of the windscreen. Then again, the reverse snorkel doesnt exactly have a windscreen in front of it. At least its not going to be catching every bit of shit that gets flung off the front tyre.
Look at the scoop on the A9X Torana from 77, faced back.

As far as I know there's a low pressure pocket behind a backwards facing snorkel and essentially it will only suck in what it needs rather then ram style face on. The engine can only pull as much as the turbo allows it too suck there would be a minute or if any difference between front and rear facing snorkels. However if it was side facing it would have the Venturi effect and that would impact air flow creating turbulence. Imo

As far as I know there's a low pressure pocket behind a backwards facing snorkel and essentially it will only suck in what it needs rather then ram style face on. The engine can only pull as much as the turbo allows it too suck there would be a minute or if any difference between front and rear facing snorkels. However if it was side facing it would have the Venturi effect and that would impact air flow creating turbulence. Imo

The only down side would be the sound you get from the passenger window, it's quite loud

136xem.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463303589.556657.jpg
New superpro sway bar heavy duty links
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463303629.375940.jpg
Always clean your drums are mud!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463303654.372744.jpg
After a good clean
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463303677.656156.jpg
Adjusted the coil overs sitting at 5" lift
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463303698.060153.jpg
Also changed the rocker cover gasket, fixed locker air line and replaced front brake pads not a bad effort for a lazy Sunday

Been reading this thread, it's a good one for sure, unfortunately I'm a little late to the party and I can't see any of the pictures :cry:

Latest posts

Back