Outside Temp Display

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mal
Got mine today and all fitted. Works fine but a few degrees out at the moment I'll give it a few days to see how it goes.
8th fuse worked a treat

Try giving the contacts a clean, should be spot on +-1 deg , if it still doesn't play nice I'll send another, I compare them to a hoki and a fluke plus an original nissan sensor, is it reading high?

Just fitted mine,within .8 of a deg comparing to a thermometor,so pretty well spot on.
Great stuff Mal,thanks.

Mine took a while to settle,the little centrigrade icon was flashing for a while but stopped flashing when it found the correct temp.
Also i didn't pull the fuse first up,i disconnected the battery instead,then when i put the pos terminal back on the clock went to hours,not am/pm.
Went back to am/pm after i pulled the fuse.

Excellent they are a tricky little thing because they compensate for the mounting location, took a bit to work out then ad in the tolerance of the thermistor and then cal them to suit , nice and cheap addition

Received mine today. Thanks Mal.

Took me a few minutes to install because I couldn't find the plug & didn't want to pull the grill off to get to it. Once I had it plugged in, I pulled the fuse and it's all working great.

Working all good. Do you leave the fuse out? Or just pull out and back in? Its in now and working so thanks. Handy little mod.

Gday lads, something i have noticed since fitting an arb bull bar on my 2013 st d40. The outside Air temp is now a few degrees out, always higher than actual air temp. Im just assuming this might be due to restricted airflow. Anyone else notice this because before the bull bar it was bang on perfect every time.

Hi.. im new here ( the pathfinder forum has shut down) I have an R51 yd25 ST 2008 manual .I have bought the outside temp sensor x 2 and have not been able to get it working. I have pulled every fuse, cleaned the connectors added a second sensor nothing works. Does anyone know how to test the plug to see if I'm getting voltage?? and what it should be??. I've been going at this for weeks and I'm starting to think my pathy won't support the sensor. When I do a gauge test the C shows below the clock but I can't get it to work.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

We had a member here, many years ago now, with an ST variant who wanted an ambient temperature display - he could see when the light shined the right way on his instrument cluster that the item was supposed to be there.

So we met up one day, I had a look where the sensor was supposed to go (I had installed my own, because Australia didn't warrant ambient temperature displays when we barely knew what fire was and still chased after women with clubs). I found that the loom for this particular component was missing completely, couldn't find it at all.

Subsequent investigation revealed that pins 49 and 50 of the instrument cluster's main connector (see this post) connect directly to the temperature sensor which is supposed to be a thermistor with a red package, gold tip (see this post). In this post you'll see that one of our members used a small computer connector to join the needed wires to the instrument cluster and ran them manually out through the firewall to a suitable location (in front of the air conditioning evaporator behind the grille is a small metal support bar and this is perfect).

So basically, your car may not have the wiring, but by running a pair of wires from the sensor into the instrument cluster you'll get it working.

Thanks I do have the 4 pin plug behind the grill and have installed it like the I structions say so I believe it's wired up. I'm wondering how to check it is active??.
Cheers

It should automagically turn on next time you start the car, and show the current outside temperature (to a reasonable accuracy). I don't think I had to do a full reset on mine.

Thanks for the reply .... there is something not right with pathy I think.. maybe it was swamped by the previous owner and shorted the cpu or something like that I get no voltage from the plug at all. Or maybe the plug isn't make contact. I'm thinking of cutting the plug off and testing the bare wires.. Im assuming they should read 5v can anyone verify this?

Thanks for the reply .... there is something not right with pathy I think.. maybe it was swamped by the previous owner and shorted the cpu or something like that I get no voltage from the plug at all. Or maybe the plug isn't make contact. I'm thinking of cutting the plug off and testing the bare wires.. Im assuming they should read 5v can anyone verify this?
Hi Obi
I would not be expecting to see voltage.
The temp sensor would probably be a resistive type, resistance changing with temperature.
You should be able to check the sensor with a multimeter on ohms, resistance should vary with temp change (hair dryer)
Benno

Hi Obi
I would not be expecting to see voltage.
The temp sensor would probably be a resistive type, resistance changing with temperature.
You should be able to check the sensor with a multimeter on ohms, resistance should vary with temp change (hair dryer)
Benno

I have already tested the resistors they are in spec according to the supplier. I believe they are the ones that Mal makes as I bout it on the navlife# site . my first one was a dud but have 2 good ones now. It's not the sensor I'm trying to test but the wiring loom output which I think has blown somehow. Thanks for the reply

Latest posts

Back