Outside Temp Display

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tony. Found it. It was where you said. It seems very close to the intercooler. Could that be causing the heat fluctuation: when the intercooler oil gets hot it affects the temp sensor? Should there be some insulation/baffle between the sensor and the cooler? If not, maybe I need a new sensor. Do you recommend the original from Nissan or an alternative? Many thanks. Mark

In reality the device is just a simple thermistor (I don't know the specifics of it though, so I can't help with finding the replacement electronic item). I do know that the thermistor inside was worth about $0.50 and Nissan charged $195 for it in a plastic housing (admittedly the plastic was really, really, REALLY good quality cough cough).

The intercooler can affect the reading, absolutely. The air entering the intercooler is quite hot (at full boost, it's north of 200C). Keeping the external temp sensor up forward of it - mine is cable-tied to a brace just behind the grille - will help.

Latest posts

Back