Oil coming from the corners of my intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mate, welcome to the forum..
Firstly, without a clear picture its going to be hard to say for sure but it's possible the hose clamps on the inlet/ outlet have come loose and it's breathing out of the gaps OR your intercooler has split where it's joined to the plastic ends.. fairly common - i wouldn't suggest replacement with a genuine Nissan intercooler!
Second, installing a catch can is going to help catch some of this oil but i don't think you be able to completely stop it..

Oil leaking from the intercooler means you have a leak at that point and it needs to be fixed. Without a catch can it's quite normal to have a small amount of oil present in the intake path (between the turbocharger and intake manifold). However, if it's leaking at the intercooler, it means you're losing boost pressure and the oil is pointing to the opening. It needs to be sealed - either through repair or replacement.

Hey Mate, welcome to the forum..
Firstly, without a clear picture its going to be hard to say for sure but it's possible the hose clamps on the inlet/ outlet have come loose and it's breathing out of the gaps OR your intercooler has split where it's joined to the plastic ends.. fairly common - i wouldn't suggest replacement with a genuine Nissan intercooler!
Second, installing a catch can is going to help catch some of this oil but i don't think you be able to completely stop it..
Hi Manning I noticed in your answer to Jordan that you wouldn't suggest a Nissan intercooler, do you have a suggestion on which one to replace it with as I have a similar problem to him. Cheers.

Hey Jordan is your issue similar to this ?

Attachments

• 20201012_165452.jpg
    20201012_165452.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Its a common Nissan Warranty issue...I had 2 replaced under warranty and then the 3rd I just took the new one and replaced it with after market...from Forefront...no issues...no difference in power etc etc..just doesnt leak because its fully welded rather than crimp sealed against a rubber seal..take the top plate off and you'll see the finger crimps

Latest posts

Back