Oil catch can install. Some good info.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been some time now since I built my own catchcan as per Bennys, I was wondering how mutch oil they catch on average as mine only has about 50mil in between oil changes. I have it mounted behind the fuel filter so that make the inlet pipe run up hill to the can so could that be the problem.
Thanks

ok I got a question you peeps might find it stupid but this being my first diesel engine I was wondering is there a reason we cant vent the tapet cover gases throu a catch can and into the atmosphere instead of back into the intake???

ok I got a question you peeps might find it stupid but this being my first diesel engine I was wondering is there a reason we cant vent the tapet cover gases throu a catch can and into the atmosphere instead of back into the intake???

Diesel or petrol ... it's against EPA regulations and therefore technically illegal to vent crank case gases to atmosphere.

To comply with regulations for road cars it needs to be recirculated.

I was wondering that myself! Good question mate;)

Just out of curiosity, what do yous reckon a new intake manifold and intake clean would cost supplied and fitted? I had a go at fitting a catch can but there is just no room to put it under the hood, the abs block takes it all up, the only place I could mount it would be in front of the radiator if I made a bracket off the bull bar or something, frustrating....

haha no not that soon, dont finish this swing till end of feb :(
quick delivery is good to know, i have ordered things whilst away at work before and ive gotten home before its delivered, not cool lol

My missus emailed me to say a "fishing spool" from forefront industries has turned up via courier today, haha. very quick delivery. Wonder what the drag setting will be on my catch can? Haha

What size hose did guys who installed the forefront industries small catch can use?
KB

Took mine to cheaper auto and i believe they said 3/4. I think the car has 5/8 as it is slightly smaller. Used the original from rocker cover to inlet as the hose was a nice snug fit then the 3/4 from the outlet side with new clamps. All seems good with no leaks. Been in about a month. I'll put a reducer in if there is any sign of a leak but it is nice and tight at present. I made up a bracket and mounted it off the fuel filter bracket. Looks like it belongs there.

Thanks for that.
I tried 5/8th on the can last night and couldn't get it over the lip.
I'll grab some 3/4 and clamps then.

Same here just got the Pipe that fit on the catch can and clamped it tight to the nipples on the car.

Where I mounted mine I used the original hose from the can back to the car uploadfromtaptalk1390252853059.jpg

Finished my install.
I used 3/4 heater hose and 14-27mm tridon hose clamps. Bought 1.5m of hose, but could probably have got away with 1m perhaps - better to have too much than miss it by "that" much.

Attachments

• DSCN2042.jpg
    DSCN2042.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 589
  • DSCN2043.jpg
    DSCN2043.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 529
  • DSCN2044.jpg
    DSCN2044.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 527

Latest posts

Back