OBD2 suggestions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro55

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I’m looking for a reasonably priced scan tool to take bush that might get me out of trouble for use primarily on Spain 2012 D40 YD25 and also functional on other common vehicles in Australia, many thanks in advance.
Pedro55

images.jpeg-12.jpg

Hi Guys
I’m looking for a reasonably priced scan tool to take bush that might get me out of trouble for use primarily on Spain 2012 D40 YD25 and also functional on other common vehicles in Australia, many thanks in advance.
Pedro55

I use Torque but you can't do anything with it. It only scans the ECU to display the industry standard fault codes so some Nissan ones are not read.

I also purchased the Autel Maxi AP200 for about $100 which gives access to all codes in all modules. The really good features are dealer level functions like control unit resets, injector and key/immobiliser programming.

I coded a new key and injectors on my 2011 D40 Thai built Navara. I also swapped the ECU and BCM and was able to code them to the immobiliser and keys.

However you need an internet connection for it to fire up so it's not going to work off grid. But on most of my trips I periodically come back into range and the AP200 can be used then if needed.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/353409421386?epid=7031265976&hash=item5248d7d04a:g:NdgAAOSwgjVgQiah

I use Torque but you can't do anything with it. It only scans the ECU to display the industry standard fault codes so some Nissan ones are not read.

I also purchased the Autel Maxi AP200 for about $100 which gives access to all codes in all modules. The really good features are dealer level functions like control unit resets, injector and key/immobiliser programming.

I coded a new key and injectors on my 2011 D40 Thai built Navara. I also swapped the ECU and BCM and was able to code them to the immobiliser and keys.

However you need an internet connection for it to fire up so it's not going to work off grid. But on most of my trips I periodically come back into range and the AP200 can be used then if needed.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/353409421386?epid=7031265976&hash=item5248d7d04a:g:NdgAAOSwgjVgQiah
Thank you for that Scott52 sounds like what I am after Ill Google it now.

Thanks again Pedro55

Was going to ask this myself. Looking at either the autel maxi ap200 or the idutex p6au bod2 professional scanner.
Would be great to get my own keys done instead of the dealer, especially if I upgrade to power windows and central locking to the bcm Like i am looking at.

Was going to ask this myself. Looking at either the autel maxi ap200 or the idutex p6au bod2 professional scanner.
Would be great to get my own keys done instead of the dealer, especially if I upgrade to power windows and central locking to the bcm Like i am looking at.
Thanks Mage
Checked it out and looks good, has one included vehicle manufacturer and life updates which is good and you pay for any extra. I’ll try and find an Australian review the one I looked at was British.

Thank you Pedro55

Thanks Mage
Checked it out and looks good, has one included vehicle manufacturer and life updates which is good and you pay for any extra. I’ll try and find an Australian review the one I looked at was British.

Thank you Pedro55
I've had the AP200 Maxi since early 2020. It's a great bit of equipment and is ideal for the DIY'er. I chose Nissan as my life time included brand. It's about $20 p.a. if I want to add another manufacturer.

As previously mentioned I've coded a $20 Aliexpress spare key. I was quoted hundreds at the Dealer. I fitted new injectors and coded them. I also changed the ECM/BCM from a twin cab to get the higher power output as the RX is 106Kw ... twin cab 126Kw. I used the AP200 to code those new control units to the immobiliser/keys.

The test sequence is good as it works through every control unit in the car exposing all fault codes. It also reads real time data and logs it for future interrogation.

I'm very pleased with it. I have friends with Nissans who are suddenly more friendly as they keep dropping in to have codes read.

I've had the AP200 Maxi since early 2020. It's a great bit of equipment and is ideal for the DIY'er. I chose Nissan as my life time included brand. It's about $20 p.a. if I want to add another manufacturer.

As previously mentioned I've coded a $20 Aliexpress spare key. I was quoted hundreds at the Dealer. I fitted new injectors and coded them. I also changed the ECM/BCM from a twin cab to get the higher power output as the RX is 106Kw ... twin cab 126Kw. I used the AP200 to code those new control units to the immobiliser/keys.

The test sequence is good as it works through every control unit in the car exposing all fault codes. It also reads real time data and logs it for future interrogation.

I'm very pleased with it. I have friends with Nissans who are suddenly more friendly as they keep dropping in to have codes read.
Thanks Scott52
Expecting delivery of the Autel Maxi AP200 very soon from Premium Diagnostic Equipment because of the phone support and backup in Australia, ordered one for myself and one for my son will give feedback later, Thank you and others for the help much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back