OBD Torque Pro Calibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvs0

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a new to me 2013 D40 diesel Spanish dual cab that I wish to use with the OBD reader Torque Pro. The system communicates but is telling fibs, DTE 2380 km etc. The vehcile has an aftermarket fuel tank of 166 litres. I would like to know if anyone has any custom PID's for the Navara to calibrate diesel used, distance to empty etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as the owner of the program no longer supports it, failing that has anyone used a similar Android program to monitor the vehicle.
Regards
Nick (kvs0)

I'm not sure I have any useful answers for you, but...

I've been using the same App to monitor coolant temp & boost pressure.

When I set it up I noted it wanted reference values for fuel tank size, odometer etc etc.
I side stepped that stuff because I instinctively thought it wouldn't be accurate.
I think it relies on your phone's GPS & accelerometer... rather than real info from the vehicle?

I use a good old spreadsheet on my PC to track fuel consumption (always have across multiple vehicles)

It seems to me that the D40 ECU actually reads f#ck all in terms of useful inputs? At least in my truck, which is 2008 & pre-update. Most of the channels in the App don't recieve anything when it's live. I could be wrong, but I don't think my Navs' ECU had any idea what the actual fuel tank level is...?

In my 2009 D40, the fuel gauge is nothing more than an indication of the voltage return from the float valve in the tank (and it's a direct connection, it does NOT go through the ECU).

I tried using Torque to monitor fuel levels but it's - to be honest - clunky. When I refill, I have to reset the fuel level because Torque has no other way of knowing how much fuel is now in the car. It can guess at the amount of fuel remaining by calculation, knowing that injectors are releasing a certain amount each time (ECU indicates this) and calculating the amount that must remain. I kept forgetting to reset the fuel level (despite putting a button in to do just that) so I gave up on the idea.

Latest posts

Back