Nz new 1998 d22 td27 non turbo navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no timing belt or chain. your right its gears. i think he may have meant water pump belt etc.
i have no info on what models got power steering. some did some didn't.

check to see how its been lowered in the front. make sure its got a new wof.

the engines are typically solid, tho gutless. easy to turbo.
expect worn injectors and possibly injection pump. injectors are pretty cheap to get done.
otherwise just general condition for any vehicle of that age.

cool thanks for your reply. I'm actually coming from a 98 navara but its got rough paint, 50k kms higher on its 2.4l petrol engine.

would there be much difference in driving between the two?

the diesel will be slower but cheaper.
if your not used to old diesels i suggest a test drive first.

as mentioned above ..my experience with my 1998 qd32 diesel its a dog on fuel consumption and no power , struggling to get 450 klm per tank,(min 15lts/100) pulling a overloaded tanden up a hill struggles to do 70 exremely bad stopping power if over loaded, my np300 does 10lts/100 always carrys 1 ton maintains 100kmph hour on hills between wang and melbourne when towing 3 tons .stops well if the tandem brakes are working.its depends what you can afford and how much use you get out of it... at 150000 klms it should have already had all ball joints and tie rods changed(need to lift front use a bar to check loose upper and lower joints) .need to move steering wheel side to side and do visual on all sloppy parts eg pitman arm and idler arm. and probably both front cv axles , front shocks if its done some rough roads. if front bearings havnt been adjusted for run out you may be looking at new bearings and seals, cynthetic front wheel calliper pistons tend to swell, have done 275000 klms inj pump and inj ok .. my radiator top blew out cost me new head

Thanks for the detailed responses, I'll think about it and may take it for a test drive

Latest posts

Back