Quantcast

Number plate Lightbar

The Navara Forum

Help Support The Navara Forum:

Reaction score
Fitted a number plate bracket LED , fitted to a switch but I’m going to get the STEDI wiring harness that taps into the full beam

Attachments

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Someone I know had one of these fitted to their car, with some driving lights attached. The pink slip examiner told this person to remove the fitting, not because the lights were bad, but because the bracket inhibited traffic cameras from seeing the number plate at angles higher than 45 degrees.

They took the car elsewhere and got their pink slip. I don't know if it's right or not (either way). In my mind, if there is a rule about number plate visibility above 45 degrees, you'd have to find a real ornery HWP copper (who hadn't found enough motorcyclists to pull over) to give you any curry over it.

grumpy too

Reaction score
A mate got booked for having an over width sign obscuring the number plate at a certain angle obviously not at the camera angle as thats how they fined him, almost put him out of business due to accumulated fines all delivered at once.

Reaction score
A mate got booked for having an over width sign obscuring the number plate at a certain angle obviously not at the camera angle as thats how they fined him, almost put him out of business due to accumulated fines all delivered at once.
Same could be said about bull bars, a lot have the bar above the number plate , never heard of it being an issue in Scotland, maybe in the US ,
The camera would have to be at a very high angle to not be able to read mine

Attachments

Latest posts