Np300

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisbrad

Reaction score
Hi all. I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just bought a set of front fog light surrounds with in built DRL. There no wiring diagram. I’ve got the 2 leads which go to each light respectively. Then there is a black a white and a red wire. Then a blue wire and Yellow wire. I presume red is positive ignition or maybe permanent live. Black is earth. What are the other three ? IE. White, yellow and Blue? Any help greatly appreciated l

Attachments

• B390FB7A-4B9A-437A-9EDA-14EEC0185146.jpeg
    B390FB7A-4B9A-437A-9EDA-14EEC0185146.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Hi, looks like nobody has chimed in on this one yet ...

The supplied wiring harnesses sometimes have conflicting wire colours which doesn't help the casual installer!

I generally don't trust them, I find supplied harnesses are usually under-specification as well.

Anyway, it's probably a generic harness so the colours might not have any meaning without the original instructions that came with the harness. A multimeter will help with testing to see how it's supposed to work.

Proper DRL operation should go like this:

"OFF" = OFF. No light at all.
"ON" = Variable.

Variable means:
- during daylight hours (when daylight is detected by car sensor, or when parker/headlights are turned off) operate at FULL brightness

- during darkness (when daylight is NOT detected, or when parker/headlights are ON) operate at REDUCED brightness

So, if these are proper DRLs, you'll have:

Positive connection (probably red)
Negative connection (probably black)
Parker light connection (possibly white or yellow)

Usually blue is used for high beam, but as above - no guarantees there! Suffice to say that 12V applied to one of the other 3 wires should dim the lights if they work as they ought to. They don't always ... it might be an idea to have a quick look inside that black box to see how that wiring might be arranged.

Thanks for the reply. I worked it out as follows. Red is ignition accessory. White is DRL supply going to yellow on headlight plug. Black earth. Blue is near side indicator positive. Yellow is off side indicator positive. All working well.

Thanks for the reply. I worked it out as follows. Red is ignition accessory. White is DRL supply going to yellow on headlight plug. Black earth. Blue is near side indicator positive. Yellow is off side indicator positive. All working well.
Hi where did you wire red wire to thanks

Latest posts

Back