Np300 suspension upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James.zagorec

Reaction score
New to the forum and need some guidance/ advice. I have a 2022 navara with a tray and toolbox set up which is quite heavy. Have had ironman full suspension upgrade with a coil helper airbag kit In the rear installed. It rides really boncy in the rear what could be the reason ?

to much air in the air bag and also get some decent rear shocks.
it sounds like they upgraded the front and left the rear stock and added airbags. airbags are not for making up suspension height, they are a helper only. so for normal driving there should be almost no air pressure (5 psi) in the bags.
so you should have upgraded rear springs to handle the weight of the tool boxes.

the other thing is to check the weight and position. common problem is double cabs have the weight past the rear axle which makes the effect worse. this typically means they overload the rear axle and end up breaking the chassis.
if your need to carry a lot of weight use a single or crew cab ute. the load is positioned forward so its shared by both axles.

They upgraded the rear suspension aswell, 600kg constant load springs, with airbags. I've since been told by another mechanic that maybe the springs are too heavy? Is this a possibility ? The ute never drove this harsh prior to the ironman install even with my toolbox / tray set up

Latest posts

Back