NP300 Navara LED globe conversion.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooter580

Reaction score
I have a 2018 NP300 STX. Has anyone replaced the standard reversing globe with a LED one without upsetting the electrics?

i doubt there is any electronics to upset with reversing lights, but i've got the budget model.
i'm in the middle of fitting some at the moment.

Yes i did the conversion and the reverse lights look brighter but i cant see any improvement in illumination

Attachments

• IMG_2253.JPG
    IMG_2253.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2254.JPG
    IMG_2254.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 5
That is because the lenses of vehicle lights are designed around a light source of a defined size. If you exchange the globe with another of a different size the optics do not operate as designed. The replacement globes for all the common filament lamps used in vehicles are specified in Australian Design Rule 51/00 – Filament Lamps. If you do not fit the correct globes in the lamps you get a different spread of light, that can render the vehicle non-compliant with the relevant ADR applicable to that light or lights. If your lights are non-compliant then the vehicle is considered unroadworthy.

That is because the lenses of vehicle lights are designed around a light source of a defined size. If you exchange the globe with another of a different size the optics do not operate as designed. The replacement globes for all the common filament lamps used in vehicles are specified in Australian Design Rule 51/00 – Filament Lamps. If you do not fit the correct globes in the lamps you get a different spread of light, that can render the vehicle non-compliant with the relevant ADR applicable to that light or lights. If your lights are non-compliant then the vehicle is considered unroadworthy.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back