NP300 lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all
I put my van on the back of the new NP to see how it sits and to adjust the hitch. Just sitting there it was about 40mm from the bump stops. Thats without the motor bikes or anything else in the tray.
So I have just ordered the Ironman Foamcell Pro kit. They call it a 2" kit but from what I can read its more like 40mm like most kits. I only went the medium load as 95% of the time the car is unloaded appart from a few accessories and I will add some airbags later if I need a bit more lift.
I dont go much for Ironman gear but people I know who have these shocks rave about them. They get pretty good reviews online as well.
I'll measure the before and after and post the details.

I have the IronMan foam cells installed and they seem to be a good bit of gear. Achieved the 40mm lift as promised by Ironman (Constant load front a rear). Installed them in the driveway which was very straight forward. There was enough space and flex to install them by just removing the sway bar links, which simplified the process.

Chose the ironman over the others was because of the foam cell technology since i am planning to do some touring on corrugated roads it reduces the possibility of shock failure when compared to gas shocks. Other factors included the good reviews of ironman shocks and the value for money with the 3 year warranty it was worth it to give them a chance.

Not sure if anyone is still reading these posts or interested but thought i would share my impressions of the new lift kit.

Fitted a set of the Dobinsons MRR suspension to the STX and although it seems quite hard sprung (not bone jarring or anything like that) it corners flat like a sports car and deals with corrugations and road imperfections really well. Front spring set up for steel bullbar, rear for comfort 0-150kg constant. Price was good, the dobinsons dealers were knowledgeable and they were happy to discuss the set up and what i needed and could expect etc. Had OME on my last 4x4 ute and i would say these are a much better set up so far (over the same time period of run in etc). Will update after a couple of weeks and see how they have settled.

Hi guys, anyone have a long term review of their aftermarket suspension? Looking for a 3inch lift more then likely Dobinsons MRR but keen for any reviews

Hi guys, anyone have a long term review of their aftermarket suspension? Looking for a 3i
nch lift more then likely Dobinsons MRR but keen for any reviews

If you have a bar and/or, winch make sure you grab the D40 V6 HD Dobson springs mate. As the HD springs for the NP300 with the MRR setup are s.h.i.t.e

I had a 2 inch lift and they sagged back to factory in less than 3 months. I have an ARB Sahara bar, side rails and steps. No winch.

The initial lift in the front I gained 63mm. Once measured again they sagged 60mm. So we ran with the V6 HD and she is awesome now and sits level as.

Oh I have had this setup for 6 months and done over 32,000 K's and it's a different truck, it handles, not much body roll, soaks up bumps big time, and awesome on the tracks.

:deadhorse: Hi all or anyone still reading this post. New memb just signed up . I'm still a bit confused about the whole not quite 2" lift versus a proper 50mm vs 3-4". I think I get that 3 - 4" inch is going to get me in strife if its not engineered. Is that right? If so then I'm after a good real 50mmm lift and hoping not to have to fork out on new panhards, control arms, even correction bushes if possible.
So. Has anyone had a good result on a real 50mm lift for under $1600 here in OZ?
I'm currently looking at Superior Engineering, Iron Man and Bilstein/lovels (car-egg not fulcrum as to exy). Was looking at Dobinson MRR but price - and I don't want their springs.

Also, Does anyone have the fully open (extended) and closed measurements for the standard shocks and struts on the D23. This could save me a bit of uncertainty and stuffing around. If not I will take the rear shocks of mine and measure.

Back