NP300 first service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber.2

Reaction score
Ok im up for my first service ,20,000Km but I've only done just over 6,000km
What worries me is they might not change the oil and filter because of the low kilometres , But still charge me as a full service ,
Has any one else been in this predictument ?

Get out the trusty old Stanley knife and make a mark on the side of the filter.. pop the bonnet before you pay the million dollar service free and check its been changed

Antony ( if his still service manager there at Robina) was always friendly, respectful and understood most of my concerns too

Get out the trusty old Stanley knife and make a mark on the side of the filter.. pop the bonnet before you pay the million dollar service free and check its been changed
Np300 filters are not a spin on type.

Today i took my Navara in for its first service but before doing so i placed a small piece of Durex tape over the edge of the oil filter excess plate and i made a video of it in case my suspicions were correct , at about 11;20 i received a call saying my car was ready and i picked it up and drove home , on inspecting the vehicle i found the Durex tape still in place which shows my vehicle was not serviced or at least the filter wasn't changed,
This dealer is a crook as they tried to rip me off when i bought the vehicle by installing a Black Edition Kit onto a standard ST NP300
Nissan Australia made the dealer give me a new vehicle ,but the dealer asked me to except a $2,500 cash back if i kept the vehicle but i refused

Attachments

• IMG_2272.JPG
    IMG_2272.JPG
    933.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
My D22 got serviced at the dealership last week and I got the obligatory mid service phone call to tell me that the front pads were shot, the rotors need replacing and the front hubs rebuilt.
Declined the kind offer and it's nearly $900 quote.
Service notes only stated front pads were in need of change.
Took the truck to Selbys Nowra, and they inspected but refused to do the brake work as the front brake wear showed pads at 60% useful life, no issues with rotors and hubs were fine!

The dealers always try to upsell ,as the average person doesn't have a clue about the mechanical side of motor cars ,and the Dealers are schooled in putting their hands in your pockets .

My D22 got serviced at the dealership last week and I got the obligatory mid service phone call to tell me that the front pads were shot, the rotors need replacing and the front hubs rebuilt.
Declined the kind offer and it's nearly $900 quote.
Service notes only stated front pads were in need of change.
Took the truck to Selbys Nowra, and they inspected but refused to do the brake work as the front brake wear showed pads at 60% useful life, no issues with rotors and hubs were fine!
Nissan HO sent me a how was your service survey and I rated zero out of ten across the board. Told my story in the comments.
Dealer was on the phone within the hour!
I've been asked to bring the truck in tomorrow morning so the brakes can be reinspected. In my presence.
If they DO need changing, they will do it for free.
If they don't, someone is getting the bullet.
Given Selbys could have done the work but didn't because it wasn't warranted, it's going to be an interesting morning.

My Ex Partner brought a Ex Demo 2013 Holden Cruze back in 2014, with 15,000klm. On her first Service - 30,000km they tried telling her that the Brakes & Roters needed replacing, and they needed to be done as a $1200 package.

I said No, the guy behind the service counter when I went in to pick up the car was very forceful in telling me the brakes were not roadworthy . . .

I asked him dose his workshop serviced all the Dealerships Demo Cars . . . He said Yes, but what that got to do with my Car?

My response . . . . So your Dealership Sold me an Un-roadworthy Motor vehicle? which is illegal for a Motor Dealership to Do, or that your workshop staff were incompetent, or you and your work shop is fraudulent in your trading activities . . . . which one is it?

The car only ever went back for the Air Back Recall after that, I've done 3x sets of front Brake Pads since then and after 150,000klm the rotors were changed by My Son . . . a Apprentice Motor Mechanic for a grand total of $300.

And dealership wonder why they are untrusted

I went back and saw the service manager who called the head mechanic ,who said that they don't service the oil filter through the excess hole but remove the whole under tray as it saves the oil dripping onto the area where the filter is situated , its takes a bit longer but no oil left on the protection tray ,

Latest posts

Back