NP300 / D23 Canopy Choices - Which is best value ?

The Navara Forum

Help Support The Navara Forum:

Muttlee

Reaction score
Been looking at canopies for my 2018 D23. Looked at ARB, Carryboy, Opposite Lock (Shimatra - steel type) and now looking at Ironman.
Must haves - ventilation for dog
Tailgate fit against the beer shelf for sealing.

Like the ARB with sliding and top hinge side glass. No visible hinges etc.
Dont like how most tailgates meet the beershelf
Ironman seems to be the only one with a design that goes over the beershelf. And its less than 4k....

What have you got? What are the fors & againsts ? What would you buy if looking now?

Thanks in advance..... discuss.....

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have a D23 but must say I prefer the look of the Snugtop canopy because the lower lip of the canopy passes over the outside of the upper edge of the tub. It just looks tidier (than, say, an ARB canopy for mine).

Roof loading capacity is something to consider, especially if you're young and fit and decide at some point that you want a roof-top tent, which is especially useful in the Australian outback because many wild critters don't know how to climb the ladder into the tent whereas getting over the small lip of a tent on the ground is easy for wombats, snakes, frogs, funnel web spiders, goannas and a host of other critters we've had to chase out of our tent (including brush turkeys, peacocks, other campers' dogs etc).

Latest posts