noisy rear springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy54

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi gang,
I had all new suspension done on my 2011 D40 as soon as i got it because of the weight i was going to carry with the new service canopy on the back [Aluminium] I have developed a terrible noise from underneath. took it to the mechanics as i could not find it. He said it is the rear Springs leaf's rubbing. They are King Springs with greaseable shackles and air bags. 10 years old. Has anyone had this problem? can it be fixed without buying new springs?

I had the little pads between my leaf springs get flattened (ARB Dakar dual rate springs). ARB sold me replacement pads. After a high-pressure cleaning, pad replacement and an application of Silicone Lube, the leaf packs were nice and quiet.

Trouble is, they don't stay that way. High pressure cleaning and re-application of the Silicone Lube are required - my alternative (and it works a treat and saves on effort and lubricant) is to turn up the stereo.

Latest posts

Back