No Start Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1256

Reaction score
Hi all, new here as I'm trying to buy a Navara D22 but can't get it started.

Situation:

-D22 with YD25 engine
-Has the NATS Type B key, however, the dude tried to change the battery ages and lost the other half of it. So all I have is the metal key part, and a half moon shape where the other half should go (this is why I think it won't start, however if someone could clear this up)
- Primed the fuel lines, cracked the injector lines and diesel is coming out
- Turns over fine, checked main fuses, all good there
- Tried pull starting it and no luck
- Connected my Ancel VD700 code scanner, from which it says it's cant communicate with the ECU

Will the NATS system stop the truck from running without the other half?
Or, is there something else going on and hence why it won't start?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, kinda stuck on this one.

Welcome to the forum.

It's entirely possible that the NATS system will tell the ECU to not open the injectors. Getting fuel to them is one thing, having the injectors open (at the right time) is another. The ECU may not acknowledge any communications until the NATS allows it.

The good news is that a key can be obtained if you have the VIN. They aren't cheap - Nissan dealers being the dearest of course, but a good vehicle locksmith could probably make you the key (ask first, describing the problem). I had a faulty keyfob (and very worn key!) from another vehicle and the guy in Maitland said "Well, give me your VIN and $240 and I'll make the whole thing for you!".

Welcome to the forum.

It's entirely possible that the NATS system will tell the ECU to not open the injectors. Getting fuel to them is one thing, having the injectors open (at the right time) is another. The ECU may not acknowledge any communications until the NATS allows it.

This is my thinking, as it ran on easystart, fueling must be the issue (caused by the immobilizer).

The good news is that a key can be obtained if you have the VIN. They aren't cheap - Nissan dealers being the dearest of course, but a good vehicle locksmith could probably make you the key (ask first, describing the problem). I had a faulty keyfob (and very worn key!) from another vehicle and the guy in Maitland said "Well, give me your VIN and $240 and I'll make the whole thing for you!".

Can they really program a key, without being at the car? I assumed they would have to be at the car to access the BCM and ECU codes in order to retrieve the immobilizer data. I have been searching heavily on the software/tools available to program keys, and I even have the key pin as it's in the logbook.

If they can make a key, from my VIN and PIN then there must be a way of doing this DIY. Nissan Consult (which I believe the D22 only works with) is too expensive, and Nissan Datascan isn't compatible.

For now, I'll call the dealer and try get the problem sorted asap. Thanks for the info!

Can they really program a key, without being at the car?

They might need to be at the car, but the guy I spoke to at the key cutting place in East Maitland NSW said he could do it easily. He used the VIN for our other car and just called up the key specs, cut me a key (I had the fob, so didn't need that) - the key was perfect.

Latest posts

Back