no power on cluster side of car

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezza170

Reaction score
Hey guys got the 2014 Spanish D40 auto

Ive got no power coming from the fuse box that runs the blinkers etc any ideas

Sorry late reply been on night shifts

Checked all fuses on battery an 3 fuse boxes

It's also starting but doesn't want to rev out it will idle but that's about it.

I've been away as well, working at the Bathurst 12 Hour and then the following track days.

It sounds like an earthing problem. There are 5 main places to check this:

1) Battery negative terminal. Remove it, clean it thoroughly, put it back on the battery and spray some battery terminal sealant on it.

2) Negative ground cable on engine. Remove it, clean it but don't spray the sealant on it unless the sealant is heat-rated.

3) Near the ECU. Some cars had the earth for the ECU left painted and it made erratic connections, causing all sorts of problems as the ECU tried to draw earth through multiple systems. Remove, clean thoroughly, put it back and spray that sealant. The sealant should slow the formation of oxides on the connection.

4) Under the air filter box (this one is according to the manual). I don't recall seeing it there when I pulled my airbox out but I wasn't looking for it so may just be a case of not noticing. The airbox comes out fairly easily anyway. Repeat the operation as per 3.

5) Near the ABS unit. Again, I've not seen it, but it's supposed to be around the ABS unit - treat it the same as 3 and 4.

Once these are fixed, check the blinkers. If they're working, rev the engine, and if that now works, you owe me a beer (and I don't drink beer, so we're already even). If it doesn't work, jump back on and we'll start talking about smoke and EGR and stuff.

I've been away as well, working at the Bathurst 12 Hour and then the following track days.

It sounds like an earthing problem. There are 5 main places to check this:

1) Battery negative terminal. Remove it, clean it thoroughly, put it back on the battery and spray some battery terminal sealant on it.

2) Negative ground cable on engine. Remove it, clean it but don't spray the sealant on it unless the sealant is heat-rated.

3) Near the ECU. Some cars had the earth for the ECU left painted and it made erratic connections, causing all sorts of problems as the ECU tried to draw earth through multiple systems. Remove, clean thoroughly, put it back and spray that sealant. The sealant should slow the formation of oxides on the connection.

4) Under the air filter box (this one is according to the manual). I don't recall seeing it there when I pulled my airbox out but I wasn't looking for it so may just be a case of not noticing. The airbox comes out fairly easily anyway. Repeat the operation as per 3.

5) Near the ABS unit. Again, I've not seen it, but it's supposed to be around the ABS unit - treat it the same as 3 and 4.

Once these are fixed, check the blinkers. If they're working, rev the engine, and if that now works, you owe me a beer (and I don't drink beer, so we're already even). If it doesn't work, jump back on and we'll start talking about smoke and EGR and stuff.
Thanks tony I'll go up the mechanics on Monday and have a look at all that could it be that I haven't re coded the cluster to the ecu I also had the fuel rail of as injectors were sent away to be fixed I don't think they have be recoded either or it's not really a problem

Hey Tony so went up to cessnock this morning they have been able to get blinkers an that working and all power on left side now working stereo is working now the problem is it revs an boosts but soon as you put in Drive just wants to idle the scanner tool saying that the incline or traction control and air con need to work before going further so none of the air control buttons in dash working the button in dash for the traction on off can push in and off but does nothing

Air con is controlled by a couple of things: fuses (once you start checking fuses, you may as well check 'em all eh?) - there is one fuse bank beside the glovebox inside and THREE fuse boxes in the engine bay. Air con also has a relay, you might need a helper to hear it clicking as the switch is operated.

Traction control/incline - may be bad ABS sensor. It would be worth your time jacking up the front end and checking the wheel bearings. The ABS sensor on the front (a common failure point) is mounted on the wheel bearing housing and if the bearing starts to come apart, it can (and does) throw debris into the ABS ring making the car think something is wrong with that wheel.

The hole front end as in suspension, abs plugs an leads bearing tyres, callipers roters etc all new...

I'll get them to check if the relay clicks over every fuse has been checked an replaced

Latest posts

Back