no oil pressure on startup

The Navara Forum

Help Support The Navara Forum:

Rog

Reaction score
Hi

I have an 04 d22 zd30. Whenever it sits for more than 1/2 and hour, the oil light takes ages (as in more than 10 seconds) to go out. I got and oil pressure gauage put on and there is no oil pressure initially.

I took the oil filter off after it had been sitting and there was no oil in it.. so the oil is draining back.

As the oil pressure comes up, a "buzzing" starts at the font of the motor. This buzzing gets less as it gets hot, but doesn't completely disappear. The oil pressure I think is a bit low once it is warm- Ok at idle (probably 15psi), but doesn't get about 30psi when hot with no load and sits on about 20psi on the free way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

jonney

Reaction score
you could try an engine flush to get rid of all old engine oil deposits then re fill with correct weight engine oil plus use a new genuine oil filter. also remove the oil pressure sender unit on engine and soak the threaded end with small hole it in some diesel fuel over night , could be abit blocked. actually try that first before engine flush etc.

Rog

Reaction score
Thanks jonney

Its a new sender so it shouldn't be that.

The mechanic was supposed to have flushed it.. perhaps I should give it a go myself.

Do these motors have an an anti flow back valve.. there isn't one in the oil filter-it's just a straight cartridge.

Thanks

jonney

Reaction score
not sure about your model engine etc but i know the Pajero,s have whats called an Oil Pressure Release Valve and when these play up you do lose alot of oil pressure. just hope its not your Oil Pump .

markgiles

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy that reopens old threads - but this is literally the only post I can find with the same symptoms as mine.

Did you ever fix this?

Mines a zd30di from a GU Patrol.
And in mine the buzzing occurs as the oil pressure comes up on the gauge.

Latest posts