No low beam on headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macca95

Reaction score
Hi guys. Ive lost lowbeam on my headlights but high beam works fine. 2020 np300 SL. I was wiring in a boost gauge and used a multimeter to find illumination wire on the difflock button and thinking that blew the ipdm? Gauge works fine and it was all done with battery disconnected apart from using the multimeter to find illumination. Checked the lowbeam fuses and they seem fine. No errors or warning lights either. Any help would be appreciated, cheers

Low beam - in the older cars, and I can't see why this would change a lot given the parking functions used in the car - is controlled by the Body Control Module. This gets a signal from the switch on the indicator stalk and brings the lights on by powering the headlight relays.

The indicator stalk switches generally do NOT use the clock spring, so it's not that. If it's like the new headlights in some of the other manufacturers, the headlight globe doesn't use a constant earth on one of the wires (which makes it a little more complex to add driving lights). You'd have to check the voltage on both the "Low Beam" pin and the "Common" pin of the globe when operating the lights to see if it's just the bulbs.

Latest posts

Back