nisstec upper control arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would maybe contact them to see whther it fits the D22 here or the D40. noticed in description it mentions "the OEM upper control arm can contact the coil bucket". D22 dont have Coil up front. plus i see nowhere for the upper arm to rest on the bump stops on down travel.

just food for thought.

Rusty

G'day guys,

Has anyone tried a set if these out yet.? I have noticed they are now available to buy on eBay as well. The easy adjustment of these look awesome, compared to others that you need to remove to be able to adjust. Just wondering how the alignment would go as it relies on just the clamp pressure of the nut to keep it in place. I wonder after a while if the alignment would move around a bit. Especially after a bit of offload work. Would a few hard bumps here and there knock it around too much......

I also wondered how that top bolt would go off road on corrigations. if it loosened there is no split pin like the standard ball join to stop it separating and dropping out. not a good thing to happen at 100ks on dirt road...

They are all the same, they are spc arms and different people have put there own bushes in them. Fulcrum now sell them in Australia, I put a set in my nav with adjustable coilovers also. Everythings back to perfect allignment.

This was before I adjusted the coilovers. But you get the idea of what they look like. When it was aligned they ended up setting the allignment to the "e setting" on the castor plate. And allignment is back to perfect at about a 3-4 inch lift setup.

Attachments

• 2012-10-12 20.30.47.jpg
    2012-10-12 20.30.47.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 488
  • 2012-10-12 20.30.38.jpg
    2012-10-12 20.30.38.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 1,752
  • 2012-10-15 12.26.11.jpg
    2012-10-15 12.26.11.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 358
That's great Leighto, thanks for the photos. Sounds like you are happy with the control arms mate. No issues with them then? Did you buy them at a local location from fulcrum or did you buy them over the net for that price. Pretty sharp buying at the price you got them for. They are selling for near $900 on eBay. Trying to decide between these arms or the new adjustable calmini arms, that use a standard style ball joint.

Hard to deside what will be the best way to go.

You could always go with PRG as another option
Uses all off the shelf spherical type bearings
productimage-picture-prg_frontier_upper_control_arms-3985_t366.jpg

This is mine fully engineered and legal

NavaraLiftstage27.jpg

and it appears they also do the same as the Fulcrum units

productimage-picture-spc-upper-arms-4120_t366.jpg

Freight was actually pretty cheap. Greg poasted the gear to Indy where it went in a container and then I just had to collect it from Melbourne .I think it was like $80 to get the Struts using Cheetah Imports ..I actually have family in Canada so had Greg send my arms to Calgary. Freight via UPS express was just on $100 but they screwed up and didnt get it there in time so they had to pay to freight it to here but I still only paid $100 lol.

Greg is a busy boy at best and all I can suggest is keep trying or even try to call him.

Hi Aussie I contacted Greg on both his email addresses few times and no reply.
His product is great but he's probably too busy to reply, good on him! I'm going somewhere else.
I still like his product!

The Calmini arms dont have a Uniball they use a Ball Joint.Thats their new design I think. The old version used non adjustable bushes instead of the Heim Joints.
this is yet another option but non adjustable from Chaos Fab

91500.jpg

I got a price from Calmini in the US for their new adjustable arms. They have quoted me $587 plus $178 freight to my door. All prices were in US dollars so it would be slightly cheaper with the current Australia/US dollar price. I didn't think that was too bad of a price

What are people's thought about the Calmini, I'm not sure how much adjustment they would actually offer. I also will have to check with the engineer to see which ones he would be willing to approve......

Greg is a busy boy at best and all I can suggest is keep trying or even try to call him.

I can understand he would be busy but he had better fix up his emails, cause not everyone can afford to just ring America.
If I don't hear from him soon I'll just keep the 4" Calmini kit on order I already ordered, but going too take 8 weeks for them to make then plus freight.

Latest posts

Back