Nissan Navara ECU

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakov

Reaction score

Nissan Navara Compatibility​

Good day Colleagues,

I seek guidance with the below.

I have a Nissan Navara 2012 with the below details. It was involved in an accident and the ECU got damaged. I have been looking online for a replacement using the part number 23710KH00A, 23710KH00C or 23710KH07C but i have not been successful.

Is it possible that i could use another one interchangeably as long as it fits and if so, what would be your recommendation of a replacement.

SPECS
  • Body DOUBLE CAB WIDE
  • Engine YD25DDTI TYPE ENGINE
  • Grade PREMIUM GRADE
  • Region Asia
  • Series D40T
  • Steering Right hand
  • Transmission type Automatic DIESEL
  • Year 2012
  • VIN / FRAME MNTVCUD40Z0048325

Is the connector on the ECU red or black? My friend has a 2012 and it's red but my 2011 is black. The connectors look different so that's something to watch out for.

If you change the ECU the car won't start. You'll have to get a Locksmith to code the keys to the ECU, IMMO, BCM.

On eBay search for "Navara D40 ECU" and you will find many Thai (MNT) ECU's in Australia. Don't buy an ECU from a Spain built (VSK) as it's not compatible.

Is the connector on the ECU red or black? My friend has a 2012 and it's red but my 2011 is black. The connectors look different so that's something to watch out for.

If you change the ECU the car won't start. You'll have to get a Locksmith to code the keys to the ECU, IMMO, BCM.

On eBay search for "Navara D40 ECU" and you will find many Thai (MNT) ECU's in Australia. Don't buy an ECU from a Spain built (VSK) as it's not compatible.
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the informative feedback. Let me check the colour of the connector and revert. I will do as advised. Thank you

To clarify it's the lever that you pull to disengage the connector that's Red. See the photo below. A D40 with a black lever won't accept an ECU from a Red levered car and vice versa. The shape of the large connectors are different and they won't push onto the ECU socket.

1665389169773.png

Below is the style of ECU in my 2011 MNT which has a Black release lever.
1665389492121.png

Below is the style of ECU from a D40 with a Red lever.

1665389709888.png

You can see the ECU sockets are different.

Below is the style of ECU in my 2011 MNT which has a Black release lever.
View attachment 37015

Below is the style of ECU from a D40 with a Red lever.

View attachment 37016

You can see the ECU sockets are different.
Thank you once again. Let me quickly inquire with my mechanic. So mine is similar to the second image you have shared. Let me quickly attach a picture of the damaged one.

Attachments

• ECU.jpeg
    ECU.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
Is that still plugged into the car? Is there a lever to pull to disengage from the ECU?
No its not plugged, this was taken a while ago before the search for a replacement began. As for the lever, i await feedback from the garage.

Latest posts

Back