Nissan Navara DPF Regeneration.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJJames

Reaction score
Hello we bought a new Nissan Navara in 2020. Very pleased with it until we keep getting DPF Regeneration problems currently raised a complaint with Nissan as this will be the 4th episode, we have only done just over 18,000 miles in the last 18 months. :-( Wondered if anyone else has the same issue?

Last edited:
UK models are a little different to those downunder.
however basic cause to most DPF problems is not driving it long enough. ie doing short trips tends cause dpf issues. often the fix is to buy a petrol or do a long trip once a week.
check if you can manually do the regen, it should be mentioned in the hand book.

however imho a couple of other factors is high air temps. you guys are in a heat wave at the moment (so the news says) and high air temps means it uses more egr which creates more soot, so it clogs up more.
also i wet cold weather the dpf can be cooled down and not get hot enough to passively burn off the soot.

UK models are a little different to those downunder.
however basic cause to most DPF problems is not driving it long enough. ie doing short trips tends cause dpf issues. often the fix is to buy a petrol or do a long trip once a week.
check if you can manually do the regen, it should be mentioned in the hand book.

however imho a couple of other factors is high air temps. you guys are in a heat wave at the moment (so the news says) and high air temps means it uses more egr which creates more soot, so it clogs up more.
also i wet cold weather the dpf can be cooled down and not get hot enough to passively burn off the soot.
Won't an EGR delete fix this issue?

Won't an EGR delete fix this issue?
it should help. less soot produced should mean more time for it to regen, provided it gets hot enough at some point. tho i'm not sure if a simple egr delete works on those as they typically have adblue systems.

Back