Nissan Navara D40 auto Lokka

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara999

Reaction score
Gday all,

I have a 2014 Spanish built Nissan Navara D40. I'm about to install an Auto Lokka... does anyone have one? Thoughts?

What diff oil do you recommend? Anything else I require?

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

J

i have auto locker on one vehicle.

Front or rear diff?
With the front make sure you have lockable hubs, sorry can't remember if D40 came with it or not.

Rear diff, driving around town is a pain. Auto lockers are normally locked and only unlock when your coasting, and you need to unlock to turn a corner. that means a different driving style. open road is not to bad except up hill tight turns. having to back off the throttle up hill is a bit tricky. When you power on it forces the locker to lock, so you can't put power on until you have straightened up out of the turn.
Offroad or gravel roads its great, its already locked.
I ended up removing my rear one and fitted a lsd.

oil, just standard diff oil. some people go one grade thicker as it reduces noise a bit.

i have auto locker on one vehicle.

Front or rear diff?
With the front make sure you have lockable hubs, sorry can't remember if D40 came with it or not.

Rear diff, driving around town is a pain. Auto lockers are normally locked and only unlock when your coasting, and you need to unlock to turn a corner. that means a different driving style. open road is not to bad except up hill tight turns. having to back off the throttle up hill is a bit tricky. When you power on it forces the locker to lock, so you can't put power on until you have straightened up out of the turn.
Offroad or gravel roads its great, its already locked.
I ended up removing my rear one and fitted a lsd.

oil, just standard diff oil. some people go one grade thicker as it reduces noise a bit.
Thanks for the info.

It will be front diff. Pretty certain it has lockable hubs.

Cheers mate

Latest posts

Back