Nissan Navara D40 4WD problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kapilkevin

Reaction score
I have a Nissan Navara Model 2012 Manual transmission, it got involved in a accident where the front Left side got impacted and panel part damaged was repaired. Since the accident and repair my 4WD check light and 4WD Shift indicator lamp will not come on. Even the 4WD will not engage when i change the 4wd switch from 2wd to 4HI or 4LO.

Could anyone direct me in the right direction to troubleshoot and fix this problem.

Thanks
Kapil.

I have a Nissan Navara Model 2012 Manual transmission, it got involved in a accident where the front Left side got impacted and panel part damaged was repaired. Since the accident and repair my 4WD check light and 4WD Shift indicator lamp will not come on. Even the 4WD will not engage when i change the 4wd switch from 2wd to 4HI or 4LO.

Could anyone direct me in the right direction to troubleshoot and fix this problem.

Thanks
Kapil.

I'd take it straight back to the repairer.

I'd take it straight back to the repairer.

+1.. They were maybe unaware of the issue. No point spending any money having it fixed if itll be fixed under inssurance. Ask if they have or use somebody thats mobile to come to you as your unable to return? Worth a try
If they refuse to accept the responsibility let your issurance hear about it too

GOOD LUCK

If you need to give them a hint, ask them to check the ABS. With a malfunctioning ABS, you won't enter 4WD at all.

It might also be a fuse - there's a fuse box near my ABS unit (2009), probably one near there on yours. Might have blown a fuse/relay that controls the transfer case.

Might also slip underneath and just check the plugs on the transfer case to make sure they're all connected properly.

My guess would be the front left wheel sensor. Well that would be the first place I'd be looking but really as stated get in touch with the crash repairer straight away it's something that has been overlooked.

Next spot to look would be the plug on the transfer case. No signal from either and no ABS 4WD and no cruise control for that matter to. Does cruise control still work?

Latest posts

Back