Nissan Navara D22 MIL error code question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderso

Reaction score
Hi there
I got a Navara D22 2,5 DI from 2005. The engine code is YD25DDTI
I live in Denmark but the car should be the same as yours.

It has been standing stil for almost a year and now i would like to fix it.
The engine starts fine but after 30 seconds the mil light comes on and it goes into "limb" mode.

I manually read out an error code by resetting the MIL light with a harness down in the Nissan socket.
The MIL startet blinking the code : 0707 over and over.
According to a list i found on in this forum it means P7 F/INJ TIMG FB
I am not able to get any closer then this to the diagnose.
Could somebody please help me to find out what the fault is and how to correct it.

Thank you very much :)

(sorry about my english)

Anderso

aussie never got that engine in that model, NZ only got it in 2wd.
i hope your aware of the conrod bolt problem those motors have.

however the code is pretty standard. most common causes are fuel line blockage (ie blocked up filter, especially with water after sitting a long time), air being sucked into the fuel line (often aided by clogged up filter) and failed one way valve in the primer. the fuel primer is a common cause of leaks.
small trick is to fit a one way valve down by the tank.

fitting a clear fuel hose just before injection pump can help show air bubbles.

if neither quite likely its an injection pump problem. they tend to wear out the timing piston bore. get the injection pump rebuilt $$$$.

I was not aware of the fact that you did not get this model.

About the conrod bolt problem i have never heard about it but i will make a search and try to find out more.

Before the engine was restartet i thought it would be a good idea to get the water out of the filter if any water was present.
It is not a insert filter but a spin on filter mounted on a bracket witha hand pump on top.
I opened the plastic screw in the bottom of the filter but only very few drops of water came out.
So i unmounted the filter and saw it was completly empty. No diesel, no water.

I bought a new filter, filled it with diesel and tried to manually pump diesel with the little hand pump on the top of the filter (You call it the primer, right ?)
The hand pump felt soft and i could not get it to work. So i took off the hoses to the fuel pump and filled them manually. The dieselpump was empty, so i filled the hoses up several times and finally got the engine started and it has started every time since then.

If the hand pump on top of the filter is what you call the fuel primer it could be the problem since the filter was empty (air slipped in)
If i buy a new filter bracket including the primer pump on top is the one way valve mounted somewhere inside the primer pump/bracket ?

Thank you very much for your help..

Anderso

fit a one way valve down by the fuel tank.
the one way valve in the fuel primer has probably failed and allowed fuel to drain back. having the one way valve on the high point of a circuit is not a great idea.

if you want to go fancy fit a diesel lift pump. there is a few write ups around of them.
that can help with a worn injection pump and makes fuel filter changes really simple. also it eliminates a lot of air leaks by pressurising the hoses etc. any leaks you will see really quickly.

Thanks for your help so far..

Suspecting the hand pump to be broken because it felt loose and there was no resistence and to make sure I could pump somehow and the original hand pump did not get air in to the fuel lines I did like in the video in this link :

Exept i bolted the lit on the filter and used a gasket and some gasket sealer.

There is a one way valve in the hand pump

Then I got the car started but it ran poorly and a lot of smoke. After a few second the engine light appeared. I cleared the code. But the engine light appeared again.

When I wait a day and get back to the car and start it everything seems ok. After 20-30 seconds the engine stalls. Then I can hand pump some pressure in the fuel lines, it feels soft to start with and then the pump gets hard. Then it starts up again. The engine shakes a bit an smokes when it runs. After 30-40 seconds the engine warning light comes on. I then stop the engine. Wait a few moment and starts it up again. The warning light appears again. So stop again and so on. After something like 10 times the warning light stays off. Now it seems to run pretty ok. Even the smoke is almost gone.

When checking the error code is :

0707 P7 F/INJ TIMG FB

I changed the fuel hoses from the fuel tank to the fuel pipe that goes along the bottom of the car and also the one from fuel pipe to filter in the engine bay. Also changed between filter and pump.

It looks like the fault is more or less gone when the car gets hot. Why ?

Should I buy a new fuel filter bracket with the original hand pump and try again ?

What else can I try from here ?

Thank you very much

Last edited:
0707 is lack of timing which is caused by low fuel pressure in the IP.
thats caused by restriction to fuel flow and also air bubbles in the fuel line.
one of the issues with a suction system is if a hose cracks it can allow air to be sucked in. probably why it came right after the hose change.

one thing to watch with the boat primer, is it doesn't get sucked in during high rpm.
also i would recommend fitting it under the ute by the tank.

best thing is to fit an electric diesel lift pump.

Hi Anderso, Were you able to find the root cause of this problem. I have a Nissan Navara D22 and it is having the same issue. Any help will be really appreciated.

Hey Affi

I tried to fix the car for my friend. It ended up at a proffesional mechanic.
I do not know what happended to the car since. But I will try to find out.
Stay tuned..

Anderso

Thank you very much Anderso for your kind reply. I'll look forward to hearing back from you. Hope you can get some information from your friend. Really appreciate your help.

Latest posts

Back