Nissan d40 limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, Had my Navara D40 2011 model. (Spanish model. Built date 2009) go into limp mode. Turn car off and back on again and runs fine until it decides to go into limp mode again. I read things that everyone was doing to try and fix the problem and something worked. Never run better. Oh, and yes I did take it to a mechanic before doing this and got no where so I took the car back off him. Things I replaced were air filter, fuel filter, suction control valve, cleaned the mass air flow sensor with mass air flow sensor cleaner and done the ECU reset. (Can find how to do this easily on the net) This all took around 1 hour. Still waiting on temperature sensor which I'll replace once it gets here. Car runs awesome. If your having the same problem you might want to give all these a shot. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Hi, I'm no mechanic, but I'm thinking, could it be the computer shuting down to stealth mode telling you that somethings wrong, you need to see a doctor.

Mine has a similar challenge, did you manage to solve yours?
I too had this problem, it got progressively worse over 2-years. It continued to do it even after doing everything listed in the thread above. The final fix for mine was to simply remove the electrical plug from the Fuel Rail pressure sensor located on the front of the common rail, then spraying the plug connections with contact cleaner before pushing the plug on and off a couple of times to clean up the connections. It has never faulted again and runs as smooth as silk.

Back