Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, new here. Been on the UK forum a while. Lots more info on lifts on this site. Something I'm looking to find out more about. Will attach a pic of my rig

2016 NP300
Over fenders
285 70 17 Falken Wildpeaks
Modular steel wheels
50mm wheel spacers
Black roll bar with 2 9 inch rearward facing light bars
52 inch curved light bar on the front
Bug guard
2 inch spring spacers 2 inch body lift
Bash guard
Diff breather

To be fitted;
Bonnet scoop
Snorkel
Possible 2 inch extended shocks and springs

The rig

Attachments

• 20210320_155853.jpg
    20210320_155853.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Hi guys, new here. Been on the UK forum a while. Lots more info on lifts on this site. Something I'm looking to find out more about. Will attach a pic of my rig

2016 NP300
Over fenders
285 70 17 Falken Wildpeaks
Modular steel wheels
50mm wheel spacers
Black roll bar with 2 9 inch rearward facing light bars
52 inch curved light bar on the front
Bug guard
2 inch spring spacers 2 inch body lift
Bash guard
Diff breather

To be fitted;
Bonnet scoop
Snorkel
Possible 2 inch extended shocks and springs
In most Australian states, if not all of them, that vehicle would be illegal for multiple reasons. Obviously, they're not as restrictive in the UK.

I didn't know that. What would it be illegal for over there? 🤘🏼
Wheel spacers and spring spacers at least. Wheel spacers are banned because they upset the car's geometry and add stresses that the manufacturer never designed for. Spring spacers are a big non-no, although you can use rear lifting blocks and spacers above the front shocker/spring assembly, although that may not be completely consistent across states.

I'm not saying that people in Australia don't also do these things. In Victoria for instance we don't have annual vehicle checks (yet, although they've been talking about for nearly 20 years), so unless you get a cop who actually knows something, or hasn't met his quota yet, you'll generally get away with it. A typical example of what people get away with is lights mounted above the bullbar or an odd number of driving lights. Also, especially before the popularity of LED lights, having one spot and one flood driving light. That's an ideal combination in my opinion but is not allowed. Put simply, lights must be fitted and used in matching pairs.

Wheel spacers and spring spacers at least. Wheel spacers are banned because they upset the car's geometry and add stresses that the manufacturer never designed for. Spring spacers are a big non-no, although you can use rear lifting blocks and spacers above the front shocker/spring assembly, although that may not be completely consistent across states.

I'm not saying that people in Australia don't also do these things. In Victoria for instance we don't have annual vehicle checks (yet, although they've been talking about for nearly 20 years), so unless you get a cop who actually knows something, or hasn't met his quota yet, you'll generally get away with it. A typical example of what people get away with is lights mounted above the bullbar or an odd number of driving lights. Also, especially before the popularity of LED lights, having one spot and one flood driving light. That's an ideal combination in my opinion but is not allowed. Put simply, lights must be fitted and used in matching pairs.

I didn't know this. We have an MOT here which is an annual safety check for the vehicle. Some places are more strict than others.

We are allowed wheel spacers but the tread of the tyre can't be protruding the widest point of the wheel arch.

We are allowed the light bars but they can not be used on the roads.

As for what exactly is allowed and is not allowed I couldn't tell you, as far as I'm aware if it passed the MOT and your insurance is valid, you are legally allowed to drive with the mods on the road

As for what exactly is allowed and is not allowed I couldn't tell you, as far as I'm aware if it passed the MOT and your insurance is valid, you are legally allowed to drive with the mods on the road

The trick - and some people here in Australia have found this out the hard way - is when you have an accident. If your vehicle is not roadworthy, there's a chance you could be deemed at fault even if you weren't, because you were using a vehicle not compliant with the road rules.

Insurers will butter your bread in order to get you to pay for their insurance, but you try lodging a claim and you'll find that there are no sandwiches left in the picnic basket.

Back