Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmeeh

Reaction score
Hey guys newbie here just purchased my fist diesel 4by 02 D22 having a couple issues biggest one im worried about is there seems to be oil pooling around the oil filler cap anybody know what might cause this thanks guys

Is the filler cap loose? If you clean the top of the engine with degreaser and dry it, then take the car for a gentle drive (nothing over 2,500rpm), does any more appear there? Drive it some more, but let her rev to about 4,000rpm - any change?

I cleaned it down today and let it idle for 10 minutes or so and more appeared the filler cap isn't loose there's a small price broken off it at the bottom of the thread

I wouldn't have thought a small piece chipped off the bottom would cause the problem, but there's a fair bit of movement of oil and blow-by in there. Getting one from a wreck should be simple, particularly one that's had a front-end impact destroying the engine - the wrecker won't want to keep the motor intact anyway.

Also have you got a recommendation for a cheapish glow plug cant afford the 100 odd for an NGK at the moment

I've never changed any of my glow plugs (in over 350,000km) so I can't make any recommendation on those - apart from seeing if one from the same wrecked motor would fit!

Latest posts

Back