Newbie with a Ti550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YCJCYASATB

Reaction score
Good morning.

I don’t own a Navara but a Ti550 Pathfinder. I joined up as I couldn’t find a forum that was for the Pathfinder and there is some good information on here.

I’m only had the 550 for about a month after getting out of a 105 series Landcruiser with the 4.5 petrol 6. It’s great to feel refreshed after driving for a few hours. Plus the torque of this engine is beautiful.

The programming of the 7AT is horrendous. But I’m learning how to drive around it. Plus that momentary nothing is happening when you take off from standstill can be irritating, to then being on the receiving end of a sledgehammer to the head.

No mods to this so far, a 2011 with a 125,000 km’s. My fuel use whilst towing is worse than my old Landcruiser. I will be investigating further, as it starts out fine, then 30-40mins later skyrockets. Some electrical sensor foible I’m betting on.

Regards.

A hard pipe induction kit will help the lag from a standstill.
You can also keep a foot on the brake and rev it up a bit, releasing the brake when you want to go. If you turn off the esp you can even smoke the rear tyres!

Latest posts

Back